HP Proliant SNMP Hardware Logs Collection Health Monitor RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

I am using System Centre Operations Manager 2007-R2 to monitor our HP Servers. I have deployed agents on all our windows 2003 server and Windows 2008 Servers. All our servers with windows 2003 serve are good and Windows 2008 Servers come up with error in the HP ProLiant SNMP Hardware Logs Collection Health Monitor. I took a look at the management log on the HP server and they are clean. HP MP version is 1.0.33.0, any help in this regards appreciated.

Thanks

-Khaja

Saturday, March 20, 2010 1:09 PM

Answers

• I can't say we get this. Have been using the HP Proliant MP since it first came out, and have found them to be one of the more reliable MP's out there, very much a 'set and forget' type installation with low noise.

We usually find that going in to the HP server's IML log and marking the logged errors as 'repaired' is enough for SCOM to set the health status for it back to green on the next poll. No need to clear down the log.

You should be on version 1.10.2.0, definitely get yourself updated there Khaja.

• Proposed as answer by Graham Davies Wednesday, April 21, 2010 9:45 AM
    • Marked as answer by KhajaMD Wednesday, April 21, 2010 10:39 AM
    Wednesday, April 21, 2010 8:54 AM

All replies

• HP monitors in 2 ways. SNMP and some other (forgot, but it's the admin guide of HP, so read it :)). If you just setup SNMP monitoring and the HP agents of these systems haven't enabled this, that might cause the error.
    Rob Korving
    http://jama00.wordpress.com/
    Sunday, March 21, 2010 2:25 PM
  • Hi KhajaMD,

There is definitely an issue (or 'feature') in HP proliant MP. The logs monitor goes red whenever there is an error event found in HP ILO logs. If you clear the ILO log after issue has been resolved, the monitors stay right.

Okay, so why not every time then clear the ILO log? Well I wouldn't want to do it because then you loose the history data per server what has happened with the hardware.

I will be likely looking into this issue in the following weeks and I'll post back if I find a resolution. There's also an update to HP MP which we are not yet using so I am unaware if the issue has been fixed already in the newest version.

-Tero

MCT | MCSE | MCITP | MCTS SCOM & SCCM
    Wednesday, April 21, 2010 12:33 AM
  • I can't say we get this. Have been using the HP Proliant MP since it first came out, and have found them to be one of the more reliable MP's out there, very much a 'set and forget' type installation with low noise.

We usually find that going in to the HP server's IML log and marking the logged errors as 'repaired' is enough for SCOM to set the health status for it back to green on the next poll. No need to clear down the log.

You should be on version 1.10.2.0, definitely get yourself updated there Khaja.

• Proposed as answer by Graham Davies Wednesday, April 21, 2010 9:45 AM
    • Marked as answer by KhajaMD Wednesday, April 21, 2010 10:39 AM
    Wednesday, April 21, 2010 8:54 AM
  • I installed new version and my issue has been resolved.

Wednesday, April 21, 2010 10:40 AM
  • Hi All, I have installed the HP MP on the SCOM console. I want to monitro the HP hardware using WMI. My console not able to discover the same.

Should we enable something on the agent.

Zakaulla Hanagi

Wednesday, April 6, 2011 9:37 AM
  • I have one customer with SCOM 2007 Sp1 and MP 1.40. On managed node   if we have public community string it shows 11 components under “Health collection State”  however if we replace public with customer’s own community string which is “soesnmp” he can see only 8 components. . Is it mandatory to use public community string to see components like management processor, server network and server storage. Any suggestions.

Wednesday, January 11, 2012 3:33 PM