Office 2013 package RRS feed

• Question

• Office 2013 was published in October 2014.

What is the latest MS APPV package available?

Thx.

--- When you hit a wrong note its the next note that makes it good or bad. --- Miles Davis

• Edited by pob579 Friday, September 11, 2015 4:15 PM
    Friday, September 11, 2015 4:15 PM

Answers

• You can use the ODT tool to obtain the most up-to-date Office 2013 applications.

(Please click on "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer", if it has helped you. )

• Marked as answer by pob579 Tuesday, September 15, 2015 2:00 PM
    Saturday, September 12, 2015 10:10 AM
  • Vigneshwaran is correct. 

The ODT will get you the latest version of Office, that could then be used to create the App-V package.  There are monthly updates from Office, so you are missing a significant amount of patches.  If your Non-AppV computers are patched, whatever version you see in the FILE>ACCOUNT will be the latest build available via the ODT.

Steve Bucci Microsoft

Monday, September 14, 2015 9:23 PM

All replies

• What is the latest MS APPV package available?

Didn't get your question properly. Latest MS APPV package for office 2013?

(Please click on "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer", if it has helped you. )

Friday, September 11, 2015 5:36 PM
  • exact... sorry that part of the question was in the subject. Just did few things at the same time....

Yes. The Office 2013 package was published to my users back to October 2014. Just thinking about of tons of security and Critical patches for O2013 during last year I guess there should be a new package downloadable by OST.

Is there a new one since last October?

--- When you hit a wrong note its the next note that makes it good or bad. --- Miles Davis

• Edited by pob579 Saturday, September 12, 2015 2:17 AM typo
    Friday, September 11, 2015 6:25 PM
  • You can use the ODT tool to obtain the most up-to-date Office 2013 applications.

Saturday, September 12, 2015 10:10 AM
  • I am not asking what I have to use in order to get O2013 Appv Package.

I am asking: what is the last release date of the O2013 Appv package available?

Hope somebody knows and did package update in their environments during last year.

The point is that the package from October 2014 is not patched for a YEAR now (and could be more).

Does somebody know when/how often MS updates Office 2013 package?

The reality is that I approve bunch of security and critical O2013 patches every month in WSUS. 

My non AppV computers are patched. So I am looking for the answer about O2013 update in AppV.

What MS recommends? I guess the importantce of patching Appv package is obvious.

How other dealing with this?

Thanks.

Saturday, September 12, 2015 2:01 PM
  • Vigneshwaran is correct. 

The ODT will get you the latest version of Office, that could then be used to create the App-V package.  There are monthly updates from Office, so you are missing a significant amount of patches.  If your Non-AppV computers are patched, whatever version you see in the FILE>ACCOUNT will be the latest build available via the ODT.

Steve Bucci Microsoft

Monday, September 14, 2015 9:23 PM
  • Steve,

from your answer I can conclude that Office 2013 AppV package created from ODT download would be always contain the latest available patches. Correct?

This what I wanted to know... Thanks.

Michael.

• Edited by pob579 Tuesday, September 15, 2015 11:08 AM
    Tuesday, September 15, 2015 11:06 AM