none
Can I Quick Edit multiple items for a column that has data type as Choice of Multiple Choice with Key-in Values? RRS feed

• Question

• In SharePoint 2013 I have added a custom column for the files in a Document Library. The column name is Keywords. I would like to assign multiple choice values for each files from a dropdown checkbox type input. I have also enabled to Allow Fill-in values to let users fill any new values that are not part of the original available choices.

Issues:

1. I can not copy paste the field's value to other files in the subsequent rows in Quick Edit mode
    2. I can filter the documents based on the values of Keywords field using filter options in Documents View but the Fill-In choices are not part of the filter dropdown
    3. Search results in the document library do not return files that contains the with the keywords value

Wednesday, April 19, 2017 8:44 AM

All replies

• Hi Balaji,

Could you edit the column in Quick Edit? If yes, what CU did you install for your SharePoint 2013?

Based on my testing, if I created multiple checkboxes with Fill-in option, I could not edit the column in Quick Edit mode.

In Quick Edit mode, to edit choice column, I need to use one of the following options:

• Checkboxes (allow multiple selections) without  Allow 'Fill-in' choices
    • Drop-Down Menu with  Allow 'Fill-in' choices

A similar post for your reference:

https://sharepoint.stackexchange.com/questions/202699/sharepoint-2013-not-able-to-bulk-edit-checkbox-columns-in-custom-list

For issue 3, after you changed the column or the file, to make sure the change is searchable, you need to run a crawl. So, please do a full crawl for your content source. After finishing, have a try again, compare the result.

Thanks,

Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Thursday, April 20, 2017 6:52 AM