cannot access gmail or yahoo mail RRS feed

• Question

• I was wondering if anyone has the solution as to why i cannot access gmail or yahoo mail when profile is locked and disk protection is on. I have third party extensions unchecked.

Any help would be greatly appreceiated
    Thursday, March 26, 2009 4:49 PM

Answers

• Hi, thanks for the post. Before we go further, please let me know if you receive any error when trying to access gmail and yahoo. Meanwhile, please temporarily disable all restrictions in Windows SteadyState and see if the issue is caused by the restrictions. If it is caused by the restrictions, we can narrow down which one is the culprit. If not, we may need to check other system related factors.
    Sean Zhu - MSFT
    • Marked as answer by Sean Zhu - Wednesday, April 1, 2009 2:05 AM
    Monday, March 30, 2009 2:48 AM

All replies

• Hi, thanks for the post. Before we go further, please let me know if you receive any error when trying to access gmail and yahoo. Meanwhile, please temporarily disable all restrictions in Windows SteadyState and see if the issue is caused by the restrictions. If it is caused by the restrictions, we can narrow down which one is the culprit. If not, we may need to check other system related factors.
    Sean Zhu - MSFT
    • Marked as answer by Sean Zhu - Wednesday, April 1, 2009 2:05 AM
    Monday, March 30, 2009 2:48 AM
  • I found the problem with gmail. you must use https://mail.google.com at least in my situation
    Tuesday, March 31, 2009 6:49 PM
  • I have the similar problem too.  I can't access gmail website.   I am using an old computer with Windows 2000 Pro on it.  I have tried using IE and FireFox, with double check the internet options.  They should be ok.  I can access other web links, even Google'w web.  But only CAN'T go to Gmail .....  do you think it's problem from my internet browser?  or from my ISP which blocks the mail.google.com!?!?!
    Pls kindly suggest any advice.  Thanks.
    Sunday, April 5, 2009 6:26 PM