Exchange 2010 Management Pack for SCOM 2007 R2 CU6 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am installing the Exchange 2010 Management PAck 14-3.38.x on the RMS using SCOM 2007 R2 CU6

The Management Pack has been imported.

The Correlation Engine service is running.

Now I am trying to create the TestMailbox for the test connectivity but I am getting an error running the script New-TestCasConnectivityUser.ps1:

[PS] C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\V14\Scripts>.\New-TestCasConnectivityUser.ps1
    Please enter a temporary secure password for creating test users. For security purposes, the password will be changed r
    egularly and automatically by the system.
    Enter password: *******
    Create test user on: SOPEXMB2.ad
    Click CTRL+Break to quit or click Enter to continue.: SOPEXMB2.ad
    The term 'new-Mailbox' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program. Check the
     spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path is correct and try again.
    At C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\V14\Scripts\new-TestCasConnectivityUser.ps1:49 char:18
    +       new-Mailbox <<<<  -Name:$UserName -Alias:$UserName -UserPrincipalName:$UserPrincipalName -SamAccountName:$SamAc
    countName -Password:$SecurePassword -Database:$mailboxDatabaseName  -OrganizationalUnit:$OrganizationalUnit -ErrorVaria
    ble err -ErrorAction SilentlyContinue
        + CategoryInfo          : ObjectNotFound: (new-Mailbox:String) [], CommandNotFoundException
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : CommandNotFoundException

CreateTestUser : Mailbox could not be created. Verify that OU ( Users ) exists and that password meets complexity requi
    rements.
    At C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\V14\Scripts\new-TestCasConnectivityUser.ps1:267 char:31
    +       $result = CreateTestUser <<<<  $exchangeServer $mailboxServer $securePassword $OrganizationalUnit $UMDialPlan $
    UMExtension $Prompt
        + CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (:) [Write-Error], WriteErrorException
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.WriteErrorxception,CreateTestUser
    This might be a Security issue, as the user running the cmdlet needs to be a memeber of Organization Management, isn't it?

any idea?

Thanks,

Dom

System Center Operations Manager 2007 / System Center Configuration Manager 2007 R2 / Forefront Client Security / Forefront Identity Manager

• Edited by Felyjos Monday, May 20, 2013 9:20 PM
    Monday, May 20, 2013 8:45 PM

Answers

• All of the information for doing this should be in the guide.  It may not be 100% correct, but it should be there.  Have you read through the guide about this yet?

Regards, Blake Email: mengotto<at>hotmail.com Blog: http://discussitnow.wordpress.com/ If my response was helpful, please mark it as so, if it answered your question, then please also mark it accordingly. Thank you.

• Marked as answer by Felyjos Tuesday, May 21, 2013 3:53 PM
    Monday, May 20, 2013 11:37 PM

All replies

• All of the information for doing this should be in the guide.  It may not be 100% correct, but it should be there.  Have you read through the guide about this yet?

Regards, Blake Email: mengotto<at>hotmail.com Blog: http://discussitnow.wordpress.com/ If my response was helpful, please mark it as so, if it answered your question, then please also mark it accordingly. Thank you.

• Marked as answer by Felyjos Tuesday, May 21, 2013 3:53 PM
    Monday, May 20, 2013 11:37 PM
  • Yes I read already the guide several times but it seems it is an access problem as the user I am using is not able to create mailbox in the 2010 Environment. I will need to check which account was used in Exchange 2007 / SCOM to make it works...

System Center Operations Manager 2007 / System Center Configuration Manager 2007 R2 / Forefront Client Security / Forefront Identity Manager

• Edited by Felyjos Tuesday, May 21, 2013 7:10 PM
    Tuesday, May 21, 2013 3:49 PM