Push Notifications local SIP Domain not working RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I've deployed successfully Skype for Business 2015 on premises. Everythink works like a charm, except for push notifications.

This is the command i invoke to test push notifications:

Test-CsFederatedPartner -TargetFqdn edge.<domain>.local -Domain push.lync.com -ProxyFqdn sipfed.online.lync.com

This is my result:

Target Fqdn   :
    Result        : Failure
    Latency       : 00:00:00
    Error Message : 504, Server time-out

Diagnosis     : ErrorCode=1008,Source=sipfed0A.online.lync.com,Reason=Unable
                    to resolve DNS SRV record,domain=<domain>.local,source-server=DM1
                    0A00EDG12.INFRA.LYNC.COM,dns-source=WireQuery,dns-srv-result=Ne
                    gativeResult
                    Microsoft.Rtc.Signaling.DiagnosticHeader

I think its very obvious that an external dns (lync.com) can't resolv my internal domain name. (its: domain.local). Is there a way to get push notifications working with internal sip domains? 

Wednesday, July 25, 2018 7:24 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I think the TargetFqdn is “Access Edge service FQDN”, so it should be like “sip.domain.com”, one of the Edge external interface service, and it has public DNS record.  

You may try like this:

Test-CsFederatedPartner -TargetFqdn sip.domain.com -Domain push.lync.com -ProxyFqdn sipfed.online.lync.com

Test-CsMcxPushNotification -AccessEdgeFqdn sip.domain.com

Regards,

Shaw Lu

Thursday, July 26, 2018 3:10 AM
  • Hi Shaw,

Thank you for the reply. In previous test i also thought about changing the TargetFqdn to something "public", but if i use my public fqdn, i get:

Test-CsFederatedPartner : No matching cluster found in topology.

But my external communications over that domain are working correct. The Microsoft Connectivity Test does not show any errors.
    • Edited by Oliver Rick Thursday, July 26, 2018 7:59 AM
    Thursday, July 26, 2018 7:59 AM
  • OK so i changed my internal edge Hostname to a public FQDN:

Test-CsFederatedPartner -TargetFqdn edge.publicdom.com -Domain push.lync.com -ProxyFqdn sipfed.online.lync.com

But still i get:

Diagnosis     : ErrorCode=1008,Source=sipfed0A.online.lync.com,Reason=Unable
                    to resolve DNS SRV record,domain=<domain>.local,source-server=DM1
                    0A00EDG12.INFRA.LYNC.COM,dns-source=WireQuery,dns-srv-result=Ne
                    gativeResult
                    Microsoft.Rtc.Signaling.DiagnosticHeader

So i think "domain.local" is passed to the federation server as it is the local and default sip domain.

Thursday, July 26, 2018 8:23 AM
  • Hi,

I found this article, and it seems the TargetFqdn value is local edge FQDN.

http://terenceluk.blogspot.com/2018/06/executing-test-csfederatedpartner.html

In addition, where do you run the test command, Front end server or Edge server?

Please also check the port 5061 is open on the firewall, and the federation SRV _sipfederationtls._tcp.domainname.com is existing.

Regards,

Shaw Lu

Thursday, July 26, 2018 8:59 AM
  • Hi, 

If there is any update on this case, feel free to let us know.

Have a nice day!

Regards,

Shaw Lu

Monday, July 30, 2018 2:48 AM