Different peoplepicker filters for multiple domains RRS feed

• Question

• I have a selective trust from domain INT to domain DEV and the users who I want to access the DEV domain are in the 'INT\DEVAccess' AD Group.

Is it possible to use the peoplepicker in SharePoint in the DEV domain filtered by this DEVAccess group when retrieving from the INT domain and still have the default filtering applied to users in the DEV domain? The goal is to only be able to select users from the INT domain who have actually been granted access to that domain via the selective trust set on that DEVAccess group - I do not want DEV users to see all of the INT domain accounts for selection.

Thursday, October 27, 2011 10:09 AM

Answers

All replies

•  

Hi Paul,

Yes, this should can be done. You need to run some command to achieve this.

You can refer to this article, which is talking about how to limit People picker to certain group in AD domain.

http://www.sharepointboris.net/2009/06/limiting-the-people-picker-and-profile-import-from-ad-to-certain-group/

If you are interested, you can also refer to this article for better understanding of people picker.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Pengyu Zhao

• Marked as answer by Paul Fr Monday, October 31, 2011 10:47 AM
    Monday, October 31, 2011 6:38 AM
  • When I looked through this before I could not see how I could filter each domain seperately ... this line in that link you posted sorted it out for me, duh!:

If you want to limit the access to multiple AD domains, separate the values in pv with semicolon.

Thanks

Monday, October 31, 2011 10:48 AM