Item descriptions in ProClarity Professional (language issue) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi. I have a problem with language used when you see items descriptions in ProClarity Professional. If you point to an item in rows or columns and wait for a second (more or less), item description appears. As I'm working against SSAS 2005, I can see atributes names and some additional information.

The problem is that although I have set two diferent translations (English and Spanish translations) in some dimensions, what I see is the predefined one. Speaking in SSAS 2005 terms, I see the contents of the first column in the grid of the "Translations" tab in a dimension.

In ProClarity Standard there's no problem: language used matches up with language selected in languages list-box.

I have already installed 2216 hotfix (PRO and PAS).

Any idea to solve the problem?

Thanks!

Wednesday, August 27, 2008 10:07 AM

All replies

• Daniel,

Sorry that no one has responded to you yet Daniel.  I'm going to try to reproduce this now in Adventure Works and report back.

-Joey 

Wednesday, September 3, 2008 4:58 PM
  • Daniel,

I believe I understand what you are describing.  For example, if I connect Pro to Adventure Works while my Language and Regional Settings are in Spanish, I see Cuentas for Accounts.  However, when I hover over the Net Income member, I get the non-translated, English information Account Number and Account type with data of "4" and "Revenue."  This 4 and Revenue data comes from the Account Number and Account Type attributes (and their underlying columns of DimAccount.AccountCodeAlternateKey and DimAccount.AccountType).  From my research and understanding, the names of Account Number and Account Type are translated and should show up in the Pro fly-over as Número de Cuenta and Tipo de Cuenta - while the data "4" and "Revenue" is not translated since it comes straight from the tables.

However, without going through the setup up a Spanish Language Pack for PAS, I'm guessing you see Account Number and Accuont Type translated properly in PAS?

-Joey

Wednesday, September 3, 2008 6:42 PM
  • Daniel,

I've submitted this issue to our product group.  Thank you for taking the time to communicate it with us.

-Joey

Tuesday, September 30, 2008 7:44 PM