none
old tasks still shows as new tasks assigned to you on PWA homepage RRS feed

• Question

• One of the user have old tasks but everytime when he logs in to PWA 2010.The reminder section shows that you have new tasks assigned to you.
    Monday, March 31, 2014 6:14 PM

All replies

• Hi Project help,

Which SP do you have?

See this excellent article from Paul : 

http://pwmather.wordpress.com/2011/09/13/projectserver-2010-reminders-web-part-displays-new-task-assignments-but-the-tasks-page-doesnt-show-any-tasks-ps2010-msproject/

Hope this helps.

Guillaume Rouyre - MBA, MCP, MCTS

• Proposed as answer by Marty Hadden Thursday, October 16, 2014 5:57 PM
    Tuesday, April 1, 2014 1:06 PM
  • Hi Guillaume,

We are on Project server 2010. Is resolution same for 2010?

Thanks!

Tuesday, April 1, 2014 4:39 PM
  • Actually this article stands for 2010 version, so it's worth trying it!

Tuesday, April 1, 2014 4:42 PM
  • Guillaume

I am actually not very convinced with the article above.The problem user have is its shows new Tasks assigned but he can only see old tasks assigned to him.....

Is this the same?

Tuesday, April 1, 2014 7:09 PM
  • I have very little details on your issue so it has to be investigated...

Are you looking at "my task" or "my timesheet"? Don't you have any filters applied in the view? Is the user looking at the right time period?

It could be the article's scenario in case your user is project owner with generic resources assigned in his project plan.

Tuesday, April 1, 2014 7:24 PM
  • Project Help,

Until the task has actually been clicked on, or some actual work/update posted on the task, it will keep showing up as a "new" task in your Reminders webpart on PWA Homepage. This webpart does not have knowledge of "Planned dates" for the tasks to call them Old vs New.

Prasanna Adavi,PMP,MCTS,MCITP,MCT http://thinkepm.blogspot.com

Wednesday, April 2, 2014 4:18 PM
  • "Until the task has actually been clicked on...", is not the solution for me.  When I have encountered this issue, I clicked everything and the "...1 new task..." was still displaying in the Reminders.

The real answer for me is linked to above by Guillaume... Paul's article, which states:

"You will see this
     when the user has created a new project plan and assigned generic resources. As
     generic resource can’t own assignments the user who created the Project Plan
     will be the assignment owner...  ...The reason why you
     see this is because the SQL query used for the reminders web part selects a
     count of all assignment UIDs where you are the assignment owner and the
     assignment is new where as the query used for the Tasks page filters out the
     generic resource assignments..."

Thursday, October 16, 2014 5:59 PM