Local Administrator will not Auto-logon to complete the task sequence RRS feed

• Question

• I have had this issue for several months now, but I have a large deployment upcoming and would like to get this sorted first.  Everything works great until it gets the point where the administrator account should log in and continue the task sequence steps, but it just sits there on the login screen.  I have not had this issue until 1709 came out. The reference computer has the same Admin password as the password provided in the task sequence step.  I am not joining the domain during the task sequence.  Please advise me on what I am doing incorrectly.  Thank You
    Tuesday, April 10, 2018 8:17 PM

All replies

• Can you login to the computer as administrator? What happens when you login to the computer as the Administrator?  Does the deployment start up?

LawsonT

Tuesday, April 10, 2018 9:27 PM
  • I can log in to the administrator account but the deployment never completes.  I never see the final screen that says the errors or that it was successful. The monitoring also shows the deployment at step 53 (I think) and is never completed.
    • Edited by Th3rdmonkey Tuesday, April 10, 2018 10:38 PM
    Tuesday, April 10, 2018 10:00 PM
  • Are there any errors in your BDD.log?  When the BDD.log ends, does it end like normal, or does it just quit?  Does it look normal for your situation? 

You say that you never see the final screen... In your CS.ini, do you have SkipFinalSummary set to YES?  If you do, set it to NO to force it to display the Deployment Wizard Final Summary screen.  Also, what is your FinishAction set to?

Is the Task Sequence a test that has minimal installs and configurations in the State Restore phase, or should it be running a full software and configuration load?

Wednesday, April 11, 2018 4:22 AM
  • I do not see any errors in the BDD.log.  The last entry in the BDD.log is "LTI initiating task sequence-requested reboot."

I did not have the SkipFinalSummary configured, but I did add that in with it set to NO, and still had the same result. 

I have not made any changes to FinishAction so whatever that is defaulted to is how it is.  It is a minimal install. just installing the WIM.

Thursday, April 12, 2018 1:50 PM
  • What happens if you log in as administrator and re-run Litetouch.vbs?  Map to the deployment share and just execute it.  Does it start at the beginning of the wizard?
    Saturday, April 14, 2018 3:37 AM