Black Screen Issues RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Everone,

Just joined in.
    I have an issue with my HP laptop with a Vista Premium Home O/S.

Everything worked fine for nearly 22 months, till one fine day all of a sudden my computer screen went black. As it would if it went to sleep, i clicked on the mouse button to start it no luck, tried a few keys here or there still no luck, tried to connect via HDMI cable onto my Plasma, no visual on the TV. Eventually,
    i got a blue screen error, and the screen came to life. Shut down, and re-started the system, worked well for a while, and then same story. Eventually, it disabled all functions, wiped out all printers, network adaptors disabled most of the softwares, but no loss of data.

To cut it short: I re-formatted the C drive with the internal restore disk that HP includes, now all functions work, the Internet, copying files etc, except there is no light on the screen. have done a Re-install, and still having the same issues again. In this Age and Technology, the only way I can see what's on my screen is to hold a torch and read!!!! Yesterday, the system stopped working, and it said its looking for a solution to the problem, and gave me a missing RAID driver solution which i downloaded and installed from the Intel Website. No help, same problem. I have tried to do a restore point but i get the following message:

"Windows cannot create a shadow copy due to internal error in other system components. For more information view the event log. (0x81000109)"
    have searced the knowlege base on the above but am not getting it.

What i can't figure out, is if i restart the system and key in my pw, the light is on, but a few minutes later the screen goes black, and i can't get it to light up, on a couple of occasions it has come back to life, for a few minutes then blacks out again.

Any advise?
    My config is a HP Pavillion dv9506TX
    2GM RAM / Intel Core 2 Duo T7500 2.20GHz.

Thanks in advance,
    Andy

Thursday, June 4, 2009 7:54 AM

Answers

• Hi Everyone,

Just pleased to let you all know that the problem has been resolved.
    Nicholas thanks for the cue...
    Updated the BIOS from shipped version which was an F33 to the current one that is F59
    and it has all worked perfectly.

Thanks Everyone!
    - Andy -
    Saturday, June 6, 2009 7:14 PM

All replies

• Hi Andy,

Thank you for posting.

At this time, please try the following to narrow down the issue:

1.    Enter the BIOS and see if it is displayed normally.

2.    Check the monitor. You can plug another monitor which works fine to this laptop and check if it will work.

Hope this helps. Thanks.

Nicholas Li - MSFT
    Friday, June 5, 2009 9:00 AM
  • Hello Nicholas,

Thank you very much for your input. Will definitely try it and post the result.
    By the way, it worked all night yesterday so I was pleased, This morning when I re-started the computer, worked for about 10 minutes,
    and the same problem has come up. I would say that the hardware seems fine, and could be a BIOS issue, or some other software / driver conflict.
    Don't have any 3rd part software's installed at the moment as I wanted to make sure it wasn't being caused from somewhere else. This is definitely
    a Vista / HP issue. All updates are in place - Critical / Recommended from both Microsoft and HP.

Thanks once again, and will post as soon as possible, meanwhile, any other inputs or suggestions would be welcome.

Thank you,
    - Andy -

Friday, June 5, 2009 11:23 AM
  • Hi Everyone,

Just pleased to let you all know that the problem has been resolved.
    Nicholas thanks for the cue...
    Updated the BIOS from shipped version which was an F33 to the current one that is F59
    and it has all worked perfectly.

Thanks Everyone!
    - Andy -
    Saturday, June 6, 2009 7:14 PM
  • Hi Andy,

I am glad to know the issue has been resolved . It is my pleasure to help you on this issue.

In the future, if you experience any issues regarding our products, you are also welcome to post a new thread in our forum and we will respond as soon as possible.

Thanks.

Nicholas Li - MSFT
    Monday, June 8, 2009 3:25 AM