office addin RRS feed

• Question

• Hi sir,

I am using the word add_In using COM Add-In, i rebuild the project registry Key value[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\Word\Addins\WordAddIn1] this for current only, but now i display the Add-In button for all user , i change the registry path like this[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Office\Word\Addins\WordAddIn1] in this the WordAddIn1 show in inactive application

another way i change the registry path like this[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\Word\Addins\WordAddIn1] like i give in registry in wordoption --> Addin--> wordaddin does not show in inactive application and active application

Note 

i display the Add-In button for all user on a system
    • Edited by senthill Wednesday, January 20, 2016 10:00 AM
    • Moved by Carey FrischMVP Thursday, January 21, 2016 3:53 AM Relocated
    Tuesday, January 19, 2016 11:22 AM

Answers

• Hi senthill,

Based on your description, my understanding was you want to change (disable/enable) a Word add-in by modifying registry key.

First you tried to modify this registry key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\Word\Addins\WordAddIn1

It only worked for one computer, but you want to work for all users in your environment.

So you changed the registry key to:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Office\Word\Addins\WordAddIn1

But it only shown in inactive application, you want to show both inactive and active application.

You also tried another method without luck.

>>i display the Add-In button for all user on a system<<

1. Did users connect to the same system? Or this add-in works on their own system?
    2. Did you mean users have the add-button but cannot use it?

If it works on their own system and for one computer the registry key works fine, I suggest you deploy the correct registry key to all users.

Your description is a little confusion I'm not sure if my understanding is correct, I suggest you provide more clearly about your issue.

I'm glad to help and follow up your reply.

Regards,

Emi Zhang
    TechNet Community Support

Please mark the reply as an answer if you find it is helpful.

If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.
    Friday, January 22, 2016 8:54 AM