none
The procedure entry point SUnMapLS_IP_EBP_29 count not be located in dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,
    Getting this error message when trying to run an application.  Also when trying to registry an OCX file.  OCX file gets this error:

LoadLibrary("vcf132.ocx") failed.
    GetLastError returns 0x0000007e.

Then Regsvr32.exe gets this:
    The procedure entry point SUnMapLS_IP_EBP_28 cound not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll.

This is on MS Vista running as Administrator or not.

Thanks
    Thursday, July 23, 2009 9:03 PM

Answers

• Mostly, The issue is caused by the application is misinterpreting the operating system version and is trying to call a procedure in the legacy Windows version of the Dynamic Link Library (DLL) that is unavailable in current Windows version.

Could you please let me know the application name?

Thanks.

Tuesday, July 28, 2009 7:38 AM

All replies

• Mostly, The issue is caused by the application is misinterpreting the operating system version and is trying to call a procedure in the legacy Windows version of the Dynamic Link Library (DLL) that is unavailable in current Windows version.

Could you please let me know the application name?

Thanks.

Tuesday, July 28, 2009 7:38 AM
  • Well, Regsvr32.exe gets is as stated in the previous post.  The application that is trying to use the registered OCX files is Health Data Management, a hospital database software.  It also gets the error, but since Regsvr32.exe is a Microsoft exe, (At least I think it is a Microsoft exe) I figured it would be more likely that someone may have seen it.

Any help you could give me would be greatly appreciated.  The users are getting restless and want to use Vista, which for the life of me, I am not sure why!!!!

I have a Vista machine that I am running the Health Data Management software on just fine, so not sure what the difference is.  Regsvr32.exe also works fine.  FYI.  I am told the laptop that is getting the error is a 32 bit version, not 64 bit.

Thanks,
    BBallWelby

Monday, August 3, 2009 5:37 PM