none
Strange planned hours behaviour on a task RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a strange situation that I cannot explain since it occurs only on a specific MS Project client machine. In the specific planning there is a WBS with assignments, when we change the planned hours at the end of the task it preserves these planned hours at the end but instead the hours at the beginning of the task are being removed. First I thought it had something to do with constraints or a specific contour but these have not been applied for the specific tasks and there also no link with any other tasks. What is strange furthermore is that exactly the same planning behaves in another way when we open it on another MS Project client machine: removing planned hours at the end of the taks removes the hours exactly there and not at the beginning of the task.

The project 'lives' in a Project Server 2010 environment.

I hope somebody can help me with this issue.

Rgds, Frank

Frank Jutte Winvision (http://www.winvision.nl) Project Manager / EPM Consultant

Tuesday, May 22, 2012 3:52 PM

All replies

• There is something wrng with that one client computer.  Perhaps it is running too many applications and is out of memory.  PErhaps the disk is nearly full.  Memory problems can cause very odd calculation behavior (which fortunately does not corrupt the schedule).

If memory and disk are OK, then consider reinstalling or repairing Project on that computer.

Reid McTaggart – DeltaBahn Vice President
    Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn

Saturday, May 26, 2012 3:43 PM