none
MDT - Injecting Drivers RRS feed

• Question

• Morning,

I've managed to figure out how to inject drivers using the %make and %model% variables. After booting into the image the drivers are not installing automatically; I have to manually install them myself by going into device manager and updating.

Is there a way to automate this at all?

Many Thanks

Friday, January 2, 2015 10:22 AM

Answers

• Correct, you will need to sysprep the image so that it will run through setup upon deployment.

-Nick O.

• Marked as answer by KevinDodd Friday, January 2, 2015 4:59 PM
    Friday, January 2, 2015 4:52 PM

All replies

• It should be automated. What OS are you deploying? Are you following the general outline at http://www.deployvista.com/Home/tabid/36/EntryID/132/language/sv-SE/Default.aspx for driver management?

-Nick O.

Friday, January 2, 2015 3:33 PM
  • Hi Nick O.

Yes, i'm using the "Total Control" option. It's injecting the drivers into the C:\Windows\Inf and then I have to manually update them. This is not a Sysprepped image mind, does this make a difference?

Regards

Friday, January 2, 2015 4:21 PM
  • You say the image is not sysprepped. Are you running through Windows setup? Drivers will be injected during the WinPE phase but installed during Windows setup.

-Nick O.

• Edited by Nick Ourso Friday, January 2, 2015 4:35 PM clarity
    Friday, January 2, 2015 4:34 PM
  • All i've done so far is installed windows 7 from the disk and capture an image without syprepping it using MDT. I was then hoping what I could do is to use this image to install a basic copy of Windows 7 and inject the necessary drivers. I'm guessing doing it this way does not go through the Windows 7 setup stage until I sysprep it?

Hope that makes sense

Regards

Friday, January 2, 2015 4:47 PM
  • Correct, you will need to sysprep the image so that it will run through setup upon deployment.

-Nick O.

• Marked as answer by KevinDodd Friday, January 2, 2015 4:59 PM
    Friday, January 2, 2015 4:52 PM
  • That explains that then - thank you very much for your help.

Regards

Friday, January 2, 2015 5:00 PM