Force Immediate WSUS update installs on client machines when they connect to network. RRS feed

• Question

• In a previous job I had the WSUS administrator figured a way to force client machines (that were not current with updates) to immediately install updates when connecting to the company network and reboot if necessary. Is there any documentation on how to do this within WSUS / Group Policy?

Thank you..

Thursday, November 9, 2017 5:55 PM

All replies

• In a previous job I had the WSUS administrator figured a way to force client machines (that were not current with updates) to immediately install updates when connecting to the company network and reboot if necessary. Is there any documentation on how to do this within WSUS / Group Policy?

Thank you..

Only thing I can think of is run this on the client.

wuauclt /resetauthorization /detectnow

You would obviously have to make sure the GP gets applied first before running this command as admin on the local client.
    Hope this helps.

Thursday, November 9, 2017 8:59 PM
  • Hello,

Here is a similar thread for your reference, please refer to it, there is a script provided for update immediately:

Force clients to update after connecting to WSUS:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsserver/en-US/cdb77d05-2f97-4055-bc0b-44101d270db3/force-clients-to-update-after-connecting-to-wsus?forum=winserverwsus

Regards,

Yan 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Yan Li_ Tuesday, November 21, 2017 7:47 AM
    Friday, November 10, 2017 2:33 AM