Command and Conquer Generals Zero hour wont recognize my video driver RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone,i have a problem with my C&C zero hour. When i play skirmish or lan the game starts normally, but about 5-10 minutes of playing the game slows down and start to lag and it is very annoying. I've contacted EA support and they didn't have a solution. I have Windows 7 Ultimate and i really want to play this game. Does anybody have any solution for this?
    My computer specs are:
    AMD athlon X2 2700GHz
    ATI Radeon HD 4650 PCI-e express
    2 GB kingston RAM
    (I open the support app of the game and it says OS: window NT and graphic card driver box is empty)
    • Changed type Miya Yao Thursday, May 5, 2011 8:36 AM
    Wednesday, April 27, 2011 2:14 PM

Answers

• Did try to run it in compatibility mode? Right-click the shortcut - properties - Compatibility Tab. Click Run this program in compatibility mode for Windows XP (Service Pack 3).

Also update your graphic card driver to the latest one.

In addition, please follow ABBEYHUNT's reply on this thread: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-gaming/running-command-conquer-generals-on-windows-7/7503bd73-4cf1-42e4-ae8d-3aaef6f64ba0 

Regards,

Miya

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. | Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Miya Yao Thursday, May 5, 2011 8:36 AM
    Monday, May 2, 2011 6:26 AM
  • On top of what Miya asked you to do you might also open task manager and kill steam.exe process its been known to cause lag/eat up resources so try this:

1) Launch Steam in Offline Mode
    2) Start the game
    3) Exit Steam.exe via Task Manager (CTRL+ALT+DEL, Process Tab)

Monday, May 2, 2011 11:29 PM

All replies

• If someone have an idea for solving this please tell me. Thanks in advice :)
    Wednesday, April 27, 2011 5:45 PM
  • Did try to run it in compatibility mode? Right-click the shortcut - properties - Compatibility Tab. Click Run this program in compatibility mode for Windows XP (Service Pack 3).

Also update your graphic card driver to the latest one.

In addition, please follow ABBEYHUNT's reply on this thread: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-gaming/running-command-conquer-generals-on-windows-7/7503bd73-4cf1-42e4-ae8d-3aaef6f64ba0 

Regards,

Miya

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. | Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Monday, May 2, 2011 6:26 AM
  • On top of what Miya asked you to do you might also open task manager and kill steam.exe process its been known to cause lag/eat up resources so try this:

1) Launch Steam in Offline Mode
    2) Start the game
    3) Exit Steam.exe via Task Manager (CTRL+ALT+DEL, Process Tab)

Monday, May 2, 2011 11:29 PM