inability to save a pdf file downloaded from a university library site RRS feed

• Question

• When I download an article in pdf form from my university library from Science Direct, I am unable to save it.

This only occurs with windows 7 . The download can be read on the screen but when I press the save button of the toolbar, or from the pull-down menu, nothing happens. I have found a work around by using the email button when the pdf file appears in the email attachment area, I can then right click on that and save as..

But does anyone know what is happening please?

Mike
    Tuesday, January 5, 2010 3:46 PM

Answers

• Hi Mike,

Does the issue occur in all pdf files in your university library? If not, the issue can be file specific. However, if the issue occurs in all pdf files, please try reinstalling Adobe Reader and see if it can be resolved.

1.     Please go to Control Panel, click Programs and Features.

2.     Uninstall Adobe Reader from the program list.

3.     Go to Adobe website to re-download and install Adobe Reader for Windows 7.

Please check if the issue can be resolved now.

Regards,

Linda

• Marked as answer by Linda Yan Tuesday, January 12, 2010 2:24 AM
    Friday, January 8, 2010 6:12 AM

All replies

• Is there an error that comes up, or is it just greyed out?  Are you sure the pdf's aren't protected?
    If you find my post helpful, please hit the "Vote as helpful" button on the top left of my post so that others may see that it is helpful as well. Thank you, Shawn
    Tuesday, January 5, 2010 8:40 PM
  • Hi Mike,

Does the issue occur in all pdf files in your university library? If not, the issue can be file specific. However, if the issue occurs in all pdf files, please try reinstalling Adobe Reader and see if it can be resolved.

1.     Please go to Control Panel, click Programs and Features.

2.     Uninstall Adobe Reader from the program list.

3.     Go to Adobe website to re-download and install Adobe Reader for Windows 7.

Please check if the issue can be resolved now.

Regards,

Linda

• Marked as answer by Linda Yan Tuesday, January 12, 2010 2:24 AM
    Friday, January 8, 2010 6:12 AM