Exchange 2007 perf view for delivery queues RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,
    I'm trying to create a perf view for queues on the Hub and local delivery queues on the mailbox servers in SCOM.  Is it possible to create a graph view using a perf view that will show the queue's?  I've tried creating a view with a specific counter... MSExchangeIS: Messages Queued, but I don't see anything.
    Cheers
    Mike
    Thursday, June 18, 2009 9:52 AM

Answers

• Hi,

So you have created the view, and you can see the counter for the specified computer? Then it seems like ops mgr is collecting it. Verify your time frame and zoom

--

Anders Bengtsson
    Microsoft MVP - Ops Mgr
    www.contoso.se
    • Marked as answer by Yog Li Thursday, July 2, 2009 8:49 AM
    Thursday, June 18, 2009 10:14 AM
  • Hi,

If you do not input a counter, do you see the counter and can you use the counter direct from the list with all the counters? It is common that something is miss spelled or not inputted correct.

--

Anders Bengtsson
    Microsoft MVP - Ops Mgr
    www.contoso.se
    Thursday, June 18, 2009 11:10 AM

All replies

• Hi,

So you have created the view, and you can see the counter for the specified computer? Then it seems like ops mgr is collecting it. Verify your time frame and zoom

--

Anders Bengtsson
    Microsoft MVP - Ops Mgr
    www.contoso.se
    Thursday, June 18, 2009 10:14 AM
  • Hi Anders,

Yeah, I've a veiw created with a target of Microsoft Exchange 2007 All Servers Installation, and I've got the group selected that contains our servers.  I've selected a tick beside the 'with a specific counter name' and I've added the counter as MSExchangeIS: Messages Queued.

However I don't see anything.

Cheers
    Mike
    Thursday, June 18, 2009 11:08 AM
  • Hi,

If you do not input a counter, do you see the counter and can you use the counter direct from the list with all the counters? It is common that something is miss spelled or not inputted correct.

--

Anders Bengtsson
    Microsoft MVP - Ops Mgr
    www.contoso.se
    Thursday, June 18, 2009 11:10 AM
  • Hi Anders,
    actually, no it's not shown.  So maybe I've chosen the wrong target?  Or is it possible at all to see local delivery queues this way?

Cheers
    Mike
    Friday, June 19, 2009 6:32 AM
  • yes, if you collect it. Make sure you have a collection rule that picks up the performance data.
    Anders Bengtsson | Microsoft MVP - Operations Manager | http://www.contoso.se
    Sunday, June 28, 2009 8:37 PM
  • Hi Mike,

As this thread has been quiet for a while, we assume that the issue has been resolved. At this time, we will mark it as ‘Answered’ as the previous steps should be helpful for many similar scenarios.

In addition, we’d love to hear your feedback about the solution. By sharing your experience you can help other community members facing similar problems.

Thanks,

Yog Li - MSFT
    Thursday, July 2, 2009 8:50 AM