Installed PAS, website & admin tool not working RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi,

I recently installed PAS 6.3 without any problems or errors during the installation.  However, at the conclusion of it, I was unable to access the Admin Tool - I was continually prompted for credentials.  When I finally cancelled out of it, the following error message was shown: "An error occurred retrieving the SDL file: 500".

When I checked http://<myboxname>/PAS, I got the following error:

-----------------------

Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: The content in the application file is not valid.

Source Error:

Line 1:  <!--Copyright � 1999-2005 ProClarity Corporation. All rights reserved.  U.S. Patent No 6,167,396. Foreign patents pending.-->
    Line 2:  <%@ Application Codebehind="Global.asax.cs" Inherits="PAS.Global" %>

Source File: /PAS/global.asax    Line: 1

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.832; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.832

-----------------------

I've tried restarting IIS, removing the offending line from the global.asax file (only to have a different error regarding Line 2 about missing PAS.Global), and completely uninstalling and re-installing PAS.  Nothing so far has worked.

Any ideas?  I'm getting desperate...

Thanks,

Jamie

Tuesday, December 25, 2007 9:41 AM

Answers

• And it seems Sharepoint was the problem!

I had installed ProClarity and my Sharepoint web application both to the default web site, so both would be accessible from Port 80.

After reviewing http://support.microsoft.com/kb/937771, there are apparently some manual steps that need to be followed to make this work.  In my case, since both were already on the default website, I was able to ignore instructions 1-5.  However, removing the wildcard handlers (6-10) worked like a charm!

Thanks,

Jamie

Wednesday, December 26, 2007 7:55 PM

All replies

• Hi Jamie,

As a next step you may want to try re-installing IIS itself.  Is this a 64bit machine or is SharePoint installed on the same server?

Regards,

Sean

Wednesday, December 26, 2007 4:27 PM
  • Hey Sean,

It's a 32-bit server, and yes, I installed Sharepoint as well (to support PPS), although I couldn't tell you whether I installed PAS or ShP first.

Is re-installing IIS the only option?  It was a major pain to get Sharepoint/PPS up and working and I don't relish the thought of having to do it all over again if I reinstall IIS...

Thanks for your help!
    Jamie :-)

Wednesday, December 26, 2007 7:26 PM
  • And it seems Sharepoint was the problem!

I had installed ProClarity and my Sharepoint web application both to the default web site, so both would be accessible from Port 80.

After reviewing http://support.microsoft.com/kb/937771, there are apparently some manual steps that need to be followed to make this work.  In my case, since both were already on the default website, I was able to ignore instructions 1-5.  However, removing the wildcard handlers (6-10) worked like a charm!

Thanks,

Jamie

Wednesday, December 26, 2007 7:55 PM