none
Project Server mandatory fields ? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We'll be migrating over to Project Server at some point. I have currently been tasked to re-design our templates with a view to making things easier and seamless when we do actually migrate. We thought it would be a good idea to include now the mandatory fields that Project Server needs for its various forms ie at Ideas stage, Business Case, PID and so on.

Is there somewhere I can access or see the reference list of mandatory fields that Project Server needs for the various stages?  

With kind regards,
    Terry

Thursday, June 18, 2015 8:05 AM

All replies

• Hi Terry,

You will initially set up these mandatory fields as Enterprise Custom Fields (ECFs) in Project Server Settings.  The Project Template will only be concerned with the schedule data.

In terms of accessing the mandatory project data in the ECFs, you utilise Project Detail Pages.  The "Details" PDP will include all of your new Project level ECFs by default.

Ben Howard [MVP] | web | blog | book | P2O

Thursday, June 18, 2015 10:56 AM
  • Thanks Ben,

Just to confirm - its the mandatory fields that Project Server needs, not us. Would this change the answer ?

Also, at this time I do have actual hands-on access to Project Server which is why I'm a little in the dark about what fields we should be including now. Currently we're just updating our manual Word docs for the run-up to a Project Server migration sometime later in the year.

So what I was hoping for was to point me to a resource that showed for example the Project Server Ideas page the fields that are must-have (for Project Server to work), and so on for other Project pages.

Terry

Thursday, June 18, 2015 11:28 AM
  • The only mandatory fields that project server needs is Project Name.  The other fields are calculated from the Project (start, finish, duration etc) and the user who publishes the project (inferred from the login account of the user creating the project).

Ben Howard [MVP] | web | blog | book | P2O

• Proposed as answer by Anujaa Thursday, June 18, 2015 4:40 PM
    Thursday, June 18, 2015 3:37 PM