none
Can someone send me a GPO version of UAG2010_SCW.xml please RRS feed

• Question

• I have wasted for too much time trying to apply UAG2010_SCW.XML on my UAG servers, test servers, any servers to try and capture the configuration of the services set in the security configuration file and import them back into a GPO.

I also cannot scwcmd transform the XML file for some reason into a GPO. I've now given up.

Please can someone email me gareth@lloyd.za.com the UAG2010_SCW in GPO format. I'm not really bothered about the security settings from the inf file or the registry settings, just the services.

Thanks,

Gareth

• Edited by glloyd78 Friday, May 4, 2012 1:27 PM
    Friday, May 4, 2012 1:26 PM

Answers

• I did apply the security template manually, so I don't know if this is of any use for you. The problem I ran into at first was an outdated sample template (not updated to work with w2k8 r2 sp1), I simply changed the value below and the template applied OK. I realize this is not what you were asking for, but thought it might somehow be related...

<SecurityPolicy OSMajorVersion="6" OSMinorVersion="1" ServicePackMajorVersion="0" ServicePackMinorVersion="0">

was changed into:

<SecurityPolicy OSMajorVersion="6" OSMinorVersion="1" ServicePackMajorVersion="1" ServicePackMinorVersion="0">

• Marked as answer by glloyd78 Friday, May 4, 2012 4:38 PM
    Friday, May 4, 2012 1:41 PM

All replies

• I did apply the security template manually, so I don't know if this is of any use for you. The problem I ran into at first was an outdated sample template (not updated to work with w2k8 r2 sp1), I simply changed the value below and the template applied OK. I realize this is not what you were asking for, but thought it might somehow be related...

<SecurityPolicy OSMajorVersion="6" OSMinorVersion="1" ServicePackMajorVersion="0" ServicePackMinorVersion="0">

was changed into:

<SecurityPolicy OSMajorVersion="6" OSMinorVersion="1" ServicePackMajorVersion="1" ServicePackMinorVersion="0">

• Marked as answer by glloyd78 Friday, May 4, 2012 4:38 PM
    Friday, May 4, 2012 1:41 PM
  • you're a genius. that was the issue.

god it's a curse being bleeding edge... everything seems to break!

thanks

Friday, May 4, 2012 4:38 PM