none
DHCP Lease shows "MMC cannot initialize the snap-in" RRS feed

• Question

• Ok. I have been pretty annoyed to this point. I have scoured all over the internet and read SO many forums. Somone please help me here. I have about 30 scopes on this server and ONE scope, only one, gives this error when clicking on address leases. I can see the leases with netsh. Hell, it will even let me create a reservation. But cannot view the snap in. It doesn't matter if I do so with the DHCP app or through MMC itself.
    Tuesday, December 18, 2018 10:04 PM

All replies

• Hi,

“MMC cannot initialize the snap-in” error codes are usually caused by misconfigured or corrupted system files in your Windows operating system.

Have you tried re-installing the DHCP server role? Hopefully this may resolve your issue.

You could export DHCP server configuration before reinstall DHCP server. Please also erased the content of folder C:\windows\system32\dhcp

For your reference:

Export-Dhcp Server

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powershell/module/dhcpserver/export-dhcpserver?view=win10-ps

Regards,

Zoe

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, December 19, 2018 6:53 AM
  • I will look into this today. I obviously want to cause as little disruption as possible. It's just weird to me that it only happens on one scope.
    Wednesday, December 19, 2018 1:57 PM
  • I might also add that this happens on this scope on 2 different servers.
    Wednesday, December 19, 2018 2:00 PM
  • Hi,

Would you please right click on the Start button and select Event Viewer>Custom Views> Server Roles> DHCP Server and see if there is any description of this issue?

Regards,

Zoe

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, December 20, 2018 5:54 AM
  • Hi,

Just checking in to see if the information provided was helpful.

Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,

Zoe

Monday, December 24, 2018 2:48 AM
  • Hi,

Was your issue resolved?

If you resolve it using your own solution, please share your experience and solution here. It will be very beneficial for other community members who have similar questions.

If no, please reply and tell us the current situation in order to provide further help.

Best Regards,

Zoe

Wednesday, December 26, 2018 8:59 AM
  •  I am actually having the same issue.  I have about 10 scopes and this is only happening to one scope only.  I am looking at the log events and there is only a warning message in the DHCP server not an error message.

The DHCP service was unable to read the BOOTP file table from the registry.  The DHCP service will be unable to respond to BOOTP requests that specify the boot file name.

18 hours 19 minutes ago