none
Adobe Reader X install fails with error 1619

Question

• I am trying to setup an application deployment of Adobe Reader X. I used the adobe reader customization tool to create an mst for deployment. I setup the app in sccm and configured it to download and install from client cache. However when the program installs I get a 1619 error.

Here is my syntax to launch the program 

msiexec /i "acroread.msi" TRANSFORMS="acroread.mst" /qb-

I am pretty sure that the error is coming because the msiexec process is unable to find the acroread.mst file even though both the msi and mst are in the exact same location in the client cache. I was able to verify this by coping the mst file to a network share and pointing the command syntax to the share and it installed successfully. However I would prefer not to do it this way. Is there a way to define the installation start in path in such a way that it will know where the files are in the client cache, ie. a variable or something easy without having to script the install.

Thanks,

Thursday, September 27, 2012 2:55 PM

All replies

• If you have you Adobe SMI file (and just the MSI file) you should be able to use the Import Application feature under application management and Applications. This should detect everything about that MSI so you can then deploy it.

Kind Regards, Tom Ziegler http://www.sccmguy.com | Twitter @Tom_Ziegler

Thursday, September 27, 2012 3:06 PM
  • Here's how I deploy it:

msiexec /i "AcroRead.msi" TRANSFORMS="AcroRead.mst" /q

On the client, I would try executing that command you use using the ccmcache folder where the package was copied to, and see what happens.

Also, I have the following files in the same source folder:

ABCPY.INI, AcroRead.msi, AcroRead.mst, Data1.cab, Setup.exe and Setup.ini

Hope this helps some.

Thursday, September 27, 2012 3:08 PM
  • Are you using an application or a (classic) package?

For the source location, what did you point it to?

Jason | http://blog.configmgrftw.com

Thursday, September 27, 2012 4:03 PM
  • A Variable example I use for CS3/4 where you have to reference another file for the install:

SETLOCAL
    SET WORKING=%~dp0

%WORKING%Setup.exe --mode=silent --deploymentFile=%WORKING%Install.xml --skipProcessCheck=1

Using the standard package and deployment feature though you shouldn't need to do this, not sure about the new Applications way as haven't done that many yet.

There isn't a typo in your command line is there?

If you are using the old Package and deployment feature does your package content point to the MSI or another folder? Check the package properties and make sure the source is correct.

Thursday, September 27, 2012 8:30 PM