none
Timesheet Planned Work RRS feed

• Question

• In a Project I have assigned 4 hours each in 2nd & 3rd Aug 2016 to a resource (total 8 hours).

In Timesheet, there is planned 4 hours for both days are shown, but when resource submitted their progress with 6 hours on each day (total 12 hours). It has changed Planned Hours as well.

How do I know what was the Planned hours initially? (I can check from Baseline, but in the same window/Timesheet, how could I know)

Regards,

Noman Sohail

Thursday, August 4, 2016 11:05 AM

Answers

• Hi Noman,

This is by design: when the team member enter actual hours in this timesheet, it will overwrite the planned work, like in Project Pro. Note that it will overwrite only after saving or submitting, so before that the user can still see the planned work. 

You could always add the baseline work to the view so the user can see it in the grid on the left part.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller

• Marked as answer by NomanSohail Thursday, August 4, 2016 12:06 PM
    Thursday, August 4, 2016 11:22 AM
  • Yes it is the same behavior. Project stores the view's columns while creating the timesheet, so it'll be applied just at timesheet creation. Just a hint: try to switch view and come back to the first one, it will reload the view definition.

Hope this helps,

• Marked as answer by NomanSohail Thursday, August 4, 2016 12:15 PM
    Thursday, August 4, 2016 12:13 PM

All replies

• Hi Noman,

This is by design: when the team member enter actual hours in this timesheet, it will overwrite the planned work, like in Project Pro. Note that it will overwrite only after saving or submitting, so before that the user can still see the planned work. 

You could always add the baseline work to the view so the user can see it in the grid on the left part.

Hope this helps,

• Marked as answer by NomanSohail Thursday, August 4, 2016 12:06 PM
    Thursday, August 4, 2016 11:22 AM
  • Thanks Guillaume,

And I add Baseline column/field in Timesheet view, it does not appear in the same Timesheet period, it shows in later periods or creating new periods.

Is it the same behavior that created Timesheet will not show columns updates?

Regards,

Noman Sohail

Thursday, August 4, 2016 12:08 PM
  • Yes it is the same behavior. Project stores the view's columns while creating the timesheet, so it'll be applied just at timesheet creation. Just a hint: try to switch view and come back to the first one, it will reload the view definition.

Hope this helps,

• Marked as answer by NomanSohail Thursday, August 4, 2016 12:15 PM
    Thursday, August 4, 2016 12:13 PM