none
downgrade IE RRS feed

Answers

• Hi,

Which version of  Window Operating System did you use?

If Windows 7 installed on your computer, you could downgrade Internet Explorer 11 to Internet Explorer 8 as these steps:

1. Open the Control Panel.

2. Click Programs and Feature link if you are in Icon View.

3. Click View installed updates link at the left side.

4. Find the Internet Explorer 11 entry, double click it to uninstall it.

5. Wait for the uninstallation to complete and restart the computer to take affect.

If Windows 8.1 or Windows 8 installed on your computer, we cannot downgrade Internet Explorer 11 to Internet Explorer 8.

In a word, If Internet Explorer 11 is include your Operating System by default, we cannot downgrade it to earlier version.

Karen Hu
    TechNet Community Support

Friday, January 16, 2015 6:49 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Which version of  Window Operating System did you use?

If Windows 7 installed on your computer, you could downgrade Internet Explorer 11 to Internet Explorer 8 as these steps:

1. Open the Control Panel.

2. Click Programs and Feature link if you are in Icon View.

3. Click View installed updates link at the left side.

4. Find the Internet Explorer 11 entry, double click it to uninstall it.

5. Wait for the uninstallation to complete and restart the computer to take affect.

If Windows 8.1 or Windows 8 installed on your computer, we cannot downgrade Internet Explorer 11 to Internet Explorer 8.

In a word, If Internet Explorer 11 is include your Operating System by default, we cannot downgrade it to earlier version.

Karen Hu

Friday, January 16, 2015 6:49 AM
    1. How to downgrade IE 11 to IE 8.
    In what OS?  Generally it will not be possible.  Try using Compatibility view or Enterprise mode instead.

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Friday, January 16, 2015 5:49 PM
    Answerer
  • Hi Robert and vignesh.R,

Like my first reply, on Windows 7, since the Internet Explorer 11 installed from Windows Update, it could down grade via uninstalling that Internet Explorer 11 update. I have done the test.

Karen Hu

Tuesday, January 27, 2015 7:18 AM
  • Thanks for the update

Regards,

vignesh.R

Monday, September 21, 2015 7:31 AM
  • Like my first reply, on Windows 7, since the Internet Explorer 11 installed from Windows Update, it could down grade via uninstalling that Internet Explorer 11 update. I have done the test.

What about the scenario:  W7 user installed IE9 then W7sp1 then got IE11?  <eg>

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Monday, September 21, 2015 10:19 AM
    Answerer
  • Hi  Karen Hu,

Thanks for the update.

Regards,

vignesh.R

Saturday, February 20, 2016 3:41 PM