Dynamic filter in Power BI RRS feed

• Question

• I have a chart of a SharePoint online list. I'm expected to put two textboxes on the top of the chart refer to start date and end date and chart generated dynamically according to them! Is it possible in Power BI?
    • Edited by Sara767 Friday, January 8, 2016 8:03 PM
    Friday, January 8, 2016 7:44 PM

Answers

• You can emulate this by adding Start Date and End Date to the report or page filters area. Then, go into "Advanced filtering". You would set the Start Date filter to be greater than (on or after) the entered date. You would set End Date to be less than (on or before) the entered date. The users could enter the dates they wanted (they actually get a nice little calendar interface) and the visualizations in the report or page would reflect those filters. So, you would effectively achieve what you want to do but the interface for the users would be a little different than desired.

Saturday, January 9, 2016 10:57 AM

All replies

• You have to let the user select date value/s from existing fields in your data model - currently it is not possible to enter data in report view.

Using a Timeline is a nice way here: https://app.powerbi.com/visuals/

Imke Feldmann TheBIccountant.com

Saturday, January 9, 2016 5:16 AM
  • You can emulate this by adding Start Date and End Date to the report or page filters area. Then, go into "Advanced filtering". You would set the Start Date filter to be greater than (on or after) the entered date. You would set End Date to be less than (on or before) the entered date. The users could enter the dates they wanted (they actually get a nice little calendar interface) and the visualizations in the report or page would reflect those filters. So, you would effectively achieve what you want to do but the interface for the users would be a little different than desired.

Saturday, January 9, 2016 10:57 AM
  • Thanks Greg,

Could you please explain how I should add Start Date and End Date to the report or page filters area?

Thanks in advance.

Monday, January 11, 2016 9:17 AM