none
Delayed Send of Appointments - Exchange Server- Outlook 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• We use Exchange Server and when we try to delay the send of an appointment set up in Outlook 2010, the invite is sent immediately.  We can delay send an email.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Sheila

Friday, September 16, 2011 5:31 PM

Answers

• Hi Sheila,

You can use Outlook rule to delay send of appointments:

Apply this rule after I send the message

Which is a meeting invitation or update

Defer delivery by a number of minutes

Thanks,

Evan

Monday, September 19, 2011 10:10 AM
  • Note that a rule will apply the same criteria and amount of time to each meeting request.
    Monday, September 19, 2011 10:57 AM

All replies

• I Dont believe you can delay meeting requests.

Friday, September 16, 2011 6:41 PM
  • Hi Sheila,

You can use Outlook rule to delay send of appointments:

Apply this rule after I send the message

Which is a meeting invitation or update

Defer delivery by a number of minutes

Thanks,

Evan

Monday, September 19, 2011 10:10 AM
  • Note that a rule will apply the same criteria and amount of time to each meeting request.
    Monday, September 19, 2011 10:57 AM
  • Yes, if you only need it work for one meeting request, remember to remove it after the meeting request has been sent.

Thanks,

Evan

Tuesday, September 20, 2011 3:35 AM
  • Thank you!  Your response is appreciated.

Saturday, October 22, 2011 12:11 AM
  • No question that there is a bug in Outlook 2010. When you set the delayed delivery for an appointment it goes out immediately.  I ran a few tests and email messages are delayed but appointments go out immediatley.

Test it yourself. Create an appointment, Click on the File tab, select Properties under Info Tab, under Delivery Options select "Do Not Delivery Before" and select a date and time.  Send the appointment and watch it go out immediately.

This has just caused a huge PR issue for me by an appointment going out immediatly. Microsoft needs to acknowledge this bug and fix it in the next update for Outlook.

Kevin

Wednesday, January 18, 2012 11:47 PM
  • No question that there is a bug in Outlook 2010. When you set the delayed delivery for an appointment it goes out immediately.  I ran a few tests and email messages are delayed but appointments go out immediatley.

Test it yourself. Create an appointment, Click on the File tab, select Properties under Info Tab, under Delivery Options select "Do Not Delivery Before" and select a date and time.  Send the appointment and watch it go out immediately.

This has just caused a huge PR issue for me by an appointment going out immediatly. Microsoft needs to acknowledge this bug and fix it in the next update for Outlook.

Kevin

Same here: Outlook 15.0.4693.1001

Sunday, February 15, 2015 11:00 PM