Status: 0xc00000e9..........college student help please!!!!!! :/ RRS feed

• Question

• Windows has encountered a problem communicating with a device connected to your computer.
    This error can be cause by unplugging a removable storage device such as an external usb drive while the device is in use or by faulty hardware such as a hard drive or CD-ROM drive that is failing. Make sure any removable storage is properly connected and then restart your computer .
    If you continue to receive this error message, contact the hardware manufacturer.
    Info: An unexpected I/0 error has occurred.
    toshiba Satalite L455D-S5976
    windows-7 32bit
    ****I have taken out the hard drive and checked the connections.. all seem to be just fine.****
    ****I have gone into my  bios and made sure my hd is the main start up****
    please help my college work is all on my laptop :/
    Wednesday, July 13, 2011 7:55 PM

Answers

• Can you describe what is happening when you get this message?  Can you not boot?  Either way I doubt you've lost any data, this sounds like it might be a motherboard problem.  You could probably buy an external drive enclosure and put your drive in it, and have access to everything.
    • Marked as answer by Cloud_TS Sunday, July 24, 2011 3:54 PM
    Wednesday, July 13, 2011 8:59 PM
  • Check to determine if a flash card was left in the card reader. Remove it if there is one there.

If you can, remove the dvd\cd drive and test the start up.

Thursday, July 14, 2011 11:10 AM

All replies

• Can you describe what is happening when you get this message?  Can you not boot?  Either way I doubt you've lost any data, this sounds like it might be a motherboard problem.  You could probably buy an external drive enclosure and put your drive in it, and have access to everything.
    Wednesday, July 13, 2011 8:59 PM
  • Check to determine if a flash card was left in the card reader. Remove it if there is one there.

If you can, remove the dvd\cd drive and test the start up.

Thursday, July 14, 2011 11:10 AM
  • Overheating graphics card and hard disks caused this error for me with my desktop PC. Lots of lint had accumulated in the cooling fins of the card and the disks were mounted too close together.

I installed the free Speccy http://www.piriform.com/speccy/download to monitor the temps and discovered temps of 55'C. Cleaning out the accumulated build up of lint, dust etc reduced the temps 15 - 20 degrees C. Great little program this Speccy!!

Previously I'd struggled for days with this random but persistent error. I checked hard disk with scandisk and makers' diagnostic programs. I tested the memory. I ran scannow /sfc.

I was convinced it was the disk. Finally I'd found a solitary forum post of overheating accompanying the error. Hope this helps.

Monday, July 18, 2011 11:20 PM