Sharepoint folder location field RRS feed

• Question

• My organization would like to add a filter value, to the "Key Filters" section, but we do not seem to have an existing field with the relative location of the document.  This would be useful because we have our folder organized in a particular hierarchy and would like to jump between locations without moving from section to section.  So, is there a way to calculate or lookup and get the location of the document (based on URL location) and have that as a field that we can display and also use for narrowing our filtering?

One Minute later: One thing I forgot to mention is that we already have tons of documents so it would not be very easy to add a field and add the text, without a great deal of work.  Something quick and easy would be preferred.  Thanks in advance!

• Moved by Vicky SongMicrosoft employee Friday, February 10, 2012 3:07 AM SharePoint issue (From:Team Foundation Server - Administration)
    • Edited by Mike Walsh FIN Friday, February 10, 2012 9:22 AM One minute later section added. Was a new post in thread from OP. Use Edit in such cases.
    Wednesday, February 8, 2012 5:22 PM

All replies

• Hello cboxgo,

I am moving your case to the SharePoint forum so that you can get better support there.

Thanks.

Vicky Song [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Friday, February 10, 2012 3:05 AM