none
Bandwidth control with UAG DA? RRS feed

• Question

• Has anyone had success deploying bandwidth management or QOS policy’s with UAG DA clients?    I would think that TMG can do this, but TMG is not to have out-of-band configurations to it when deployed with UAG per microsoft.   How could I provide a general rate limit to DA clients, better yet have different client groups with different rate limits.   Of course I can throttle the entire bandwidth available to the WAN interface, but can I get more granular for example giving priority  to SharePoint traffic over a background FTP file transfer traffic?

Sunday, January 30, 2011 4:47 PM

Answers

• Hi D,

Unfortunately, that feature isn't available at this time. It's something that we've identified as a popular request and there is some investigation into this issue.

At this time, you can put a bandwidth shaper in front of the UAG DirectAccess server and control totally bandwidth, but not granular control.

HTH,

Tom

MS ISDUA/UAG DA Anywhere Access Team Get yourself some Test Lab Guides! http://blogs.technet.com/b/tomshinder/archive/2010/07/30/test-lab-guides-lead-the-way-to-solution-mastery.aspx
    • Marked as answer by Erez Benari Wednesday, May 18, 2011 9:53 PM
    Tuesday, February 1, 2011 11:45 AM