none
Microsoft Edge RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, I had a Microsoft tech remotely access my computer for a request I had about Word. I had several tabs opened and the tech went to close them and when the dialog box appeared stating Do you want to close all tabs, the tech did NOT check the box Close All Tabs. Now when I have several tabs opened in Edge, and I X out of them, I do get the dialog box that states Do you want to close all tabs. I select the box Always close all tabs. However, every time I have several tabs opened, and I X out of Edge I am still getting the dialog box Do you want to close all tabs. I have searched online and found a post that had information about the Registry Editor and it is missing the Dword ask to close all tabs with a value of 0. I entered that new Dword into the registry, ( I followed the instructions that were in the post, how to get to the Registry Editor, selecting this string:  Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppContainer\Storage\microsoft.microsoftedge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\MicrosoftEdge\Main and entered the new Dword. But I still get a dialog box stating Do you want to close all tabs. How do I set Edge to close all tabs and not have Edge prompt me to have the repeating dialog box to appear every time I want to X out of Edge? When I shut down my computer and power it back on every time, that Dword is no longer in the Registry. It has disappeared. I have to enter that Dword each time I turn on my computer. Do you know what is causing this?
    Thank you
    Thursday, August 24, 2017 7:00 PM