none
Error: Cannot display Gantt chart in PWA 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

With a brand new instance of Project Web App 2010, I cannot display any project Gantt Chart: "Error: cannot display this view".

NB: on the client Win 7 PC, there are several versions of  MS Office installed: 2003; 2007, 2010. I was told that this could be the issue.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Monday, December 16, 2013 5:49 PM

Answers

• Hi,

This is a known issue of project server 2010.

Even  I have faced this issue. Earlier i thought we are talking about 2013 version :(

Microsoft has released resolution for this issue in one of its Cu released in early month of 2013 or Oct 2012 CU. I installed CU that time and my issue got resolved hoping same for you.

Normally this issue occurred when we have irrupted project plan in project center.

you also add PWA site in trusted site.

You install SP2( as SP2 is containing fix for this) and latest Cu also you can install in your Application and web front end server it will resolve your issue.

which Currency Code you are using while creation of project check in either MPP (If you are creating Project from MPP or check in additional setting under server setting )

Make it doller then create project and check

kirtesh

• Edited by Kirteshtiw Tuesday, December 17, 2013 7:26 PM
    • Marked as answer by WLID1966 Tuesday, December 17, 2013 8:58 PM
    Tuesday, December 17, 2013 7:19 PM

All replies

• Hi WLID1966,

First thing to check is the security settings. Is the project detail view accessible by your security group? Do you have the permission to access project details? Can you select another view? Using an admin account should answer those questions.

Hope this helps.

Guillaume Rouyre - MBA, MCP, MCTS

Monday, December 16, 2013 5:53 PM
  • Hi Guillaume,

I'm already using an Admin account. All the other views are working fine...

Monday, December 16, 2013 6:03 PM
  • How many project do you have in project center.

Have you seen any project grant chart earlier in this instance then suddenly it is behaving like this or never ever you have seen any grant chart in the instance.

kirtesh

Monday, December 16, 2013 6:08 PM
  • Hi Kirtesh, That's a brand new install of Project Server 2010. I have only 2 small projects : 10 tasks each. I never saw the Gantt Chart view in this instance. For each project I can see the other PDP in PWA.
    Monday, December 16, 2013 6:37 PM
  • It means when you click on schedule Project detail page for project you are getting issue can not display the view.

.In the PWA under the quick launch bar click on Server Settings.
    2.On the Server Settings page, under Security click on Manage Groups.
    3.On Manage Groups page click on administrator.
    4.Under Categories section, click on My Tasks. Under Permission for My tasks Allow “Open Project” permission.
    5.Under Global Permission ensure “New Project” is enabled.
    6.Click Save button.

Please do the same for project manager and team member group then check from different user which will have project manager permission .

Let us know the result.

kirtesh

Monday, December 16, 2013 6:45 PM
  • Hi,

Are you talking about the PDP "schedule" that gives you this error message? In this case, go to server settings and edit the PDP "schedule", eventualy remove the webpart and add it again.

Hope this helps.

Monday, December 16, 2013 6:51 PM
  • You can also try to open a project then from upper ribbon you try to change views. try one by one for all the view and let us know if any one is showing data. 

kirtesh

Monday, December 16, 2013 6:56 PM
  • Thanks a lot,

I'll try that tomorrow morning!

Monday, December 16, 2013 9:11 PM
  • I'm back!

Sorry, I tested each of these interesting suggestions, but with no avail.

I built a new new PWA instance and then I created a small project: the issue is the same in the "Schedule" PDP in PWA.

The error message is: "Failure of loading the view. Click on OK to reload the view with the default settings, or Click on Cancel".

Thanks for your help.

NB : I'm using the same client PC with Win 7 and IE 10 

• Edited by WLID1966 Tuesday, December 17, 2013 5:29 PM
    Tuesday, December 17, 2013 5:28 PM
    • Check this post about a similar issue. Is the project correcly created? Then is everything looks correct in the organizer?
    • Have you check in the queue if there is any job failure?
    • Also the ULS log maybe contains a useful error message?
    • Have you try to redo the process of project and site creation with another account?

Then my only guess left would be a bug that has been fixed by the latest hotfix.

Which SP and CU do you have?

Hope this helps.

Tuesday, December 17, 2013 5:37 PM
  • Hi,

This is a known issue of project server 2010.

Even  I have faced this issue. Earlier i thought we are talking about 2013 version :(

Microsoft has released resolution for this issue in one of its Cu released in early month of 2013 or Oct 2012 CU. I installed CU that time and my issue got resolved hoping same for you.

Normally this issue occurred when we have irrupted project plan in project center.

you also add PWA site in trusted site.

You install SP2( as SP2 is containing fix for this) and latest Cu also you can install in your Application and web front end server it will resolve your issue.

which Currency Code you are using while creation of project check in either MPP (If you are creating Project from MPP or check in additional setting under server setting )

Make it doller then create project and check

kirtesh

• Edited by Kirteshtiw Tuesday, December 17, 2013 7:26 PM
    • Marked as answer by WLID1966 Tuesday, December 17, 2013 8:58 PM
    Tuesday, December 17, 2013 7:19 PM