none
problem with the% deviation from Project Server 2010 field RRS feed

• Question

• hello

I have a problem with the% deviation from Project Server 2010 field.
    Within a file or project, this project contains tasks.
    Each task has completed the field% deviation.
    Within the row "Summary" in the field of% deviation does not perform the sum of all fields of tasks.
    Only occurs on certain projects, these projects have the view of PR Progress Report
    Anyone know happens?

thank you very much
    Wednesday, March 11, 2015 8:50 AM

All replies

• Hi Lartorje,

We would need more details about this field. The deviation field doesn't exist out of the box, it should be a custom field you created, probably with some formula. Thus knowing the formula and how did you confiure the roll-up at the summary task would help.

Depending on the formula and field settings, it might be a normal behavior, but you cannot troubleshoot without more information.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller |

Wednesday, March 11, 2015 9:01 AM
  • Hi Guillaume,

the problem is the row sum, the field of% deviation is well defined in PWA. As I have seen. The problem is that the field deviation summary does not do well the sum of all fields of tasks containing that file.

thank you very much

Thursday, March 12, 2015 10:24 AM
  • Hi Lartorje,

Once more, I'll ask you to give more details. The % deviation field does not exist as is in Project Server. It might be an existing field, but with another name. A deviation might concern the duration, the cost, the earned value, the work... Are you refering to variance fields?

That being said,

• You don't explain the exact issue ("the field deviation summary does not do well the sum" is not a sufficient explanation) with any details, example, screeshots, expected behavior...
    • You don't give details about the field, the formula, the summary row settings...

In this conditions we can't do anything for you, we are blind about your issue. Please take some time to provide details since we are willing to take some time to help you.

Hope this helps,

Thursday, March 12, 2015 10:41 AM
  • Hi

Sorry, I'll be more specific now.

Within the field% deviation. Your settings in PWA is:

The formula for field% Deviation:

Str (IIf ([Job baseline] = 0; IIf ([Working] = 0, 0, 100); IIf ([Working] = 0; -100; Int (100 * ([Job] - [Work Online base]) / [Working baseline])))) + "%"

Under the heading rows Calculation Summary:

> Use formula.

Within the field Allocation Calculation of rows:

> It is labeled the "Apply unless you manually specify".

The field [Job] and field [Job baseline] are fields Pack project server.

The error is in project, in the list of tasks.

In the top row, this row summary makes the sum of the ranks of the tasks of the file.

But in my case only in the summary field the same value appears in the tasks.

In all the cells in column% deviation appears the same value.

I hope it helps.

thank you very much

Thursday, March 12, 2015 12:41 PM
  • Your formula contains other calculated fields which I cannot identify: [Job baseline]; [Working]; [Job];[Work Online base]; [Working baseline]. We need to understand what are you calculating to help. Moreover you would need to know the values of the fields used in the formula since it could be just normal that the formula returns nothing or the same value for all tasks. A screenshot or the file itself could be useful.

That being said, I cannot understand what the exact issue from your description. Your problem is that:

• All %deviation for tasks (not summary) have the same value?
    • All %deviation for summary tasks have the same value?
    • The summary rows display no value?
    • Values are incorrect?

Hope this helps,

Thursday, March 12, 2015 2:11 PM