?? The Exception Breakpoint RRS feed

• Question

• I was attempting to use a service provided by Kaspersky, when I hit Enter, I received the message-The Exception Breakpoint (0x80000003) occured at the application at location 0x6dfd32c4. What does this mean? How do I fix it? Do I need to fix it?
    Saturday, February 2, 2013 2:25 AM

Answers

• Well, based on your OP is seemed you were implying Kaspersky was the primary cause of the error.

I guess you have two avenues of approach:

1.  You have a corrupted system file causing the error.

2.  You have corrupted/defective memory causing the problem.  Location 0x6dfd32c4 is a memory location.  That's where the error occurred.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

Saturday, February 2, 2013 10:48 PM
  • Hi,

I suggest you test the result in Safe Mode to check whether this error will received when performing any steps.

Also, boot in to Clean Boot to see how it works.

In addition, please use System File Checker tool to scan the system files.

Thanks,

Vincent Wang
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Vincent Wang-MCSC Monday, February 18, 2013 3:21 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by MarcyBReal Tuesday, February 19, 2013 4:42 PM
    • Marked as answer by MarcyBReal Tuesday, February 19, 2013 4:42 PM
    Monday, February 4, 2013 6:12 AM

All replies

• Since the error is generated by Kaspersky software, you must contact Kaspersky Support for a solution.

Microsoft neither writes nor supports Kaspersky software - that is the sole responsibility of Kaspersky!

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

• Marked as answer by MarcyBReal Saturday, February 2, 2013 8:43 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by MarcyBReal Saturday, February 2, 2013 8:44 PM
    Saturday, February 2, 2013 1:18 PM
  •    

The error was not from Kaspersky, as I verified that the message was not from them. I also received the same message again, when I attempted to download an app from a different site. So my query is the same->

I received the message-The Exception Breakpoint (0x80000003) occured at the application at location 0x6dfd32c4. What does this mean? How do I fix it? Do I need to fix it?

Saturday, February 2, 2013 8:52 PM
  • Well, based on your OP is seemed you were implying Kaspersky was the primary cause of the error.

I guess you have two avenues of approach:

1.  You have a corrupted system file causing the error.

2.  You have corrupted/defective memory causing the problem.  Location 0x6dfd32c4 is a memory location.  That's where the error occurred.

Saturday, February 2, 2013 10:48 PM
  • Hi,

I suggest you test the result in Safe Mode to check whether this error will received when performing any steps.

Also, boot in to Clean Boot to see how it works.

In addition, please use System File Checker tool to scan the system files.

Thanks,

Vincent Wang
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Vincent Wang-MCSC Monday, February 18, 2013 3:21 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by MarcyBReal Tuesday, February 19, 2013 4:42 PM
    • Marked as answer by MarcyBReal Tuesday, February 19, 2013 4:42 PM
    Monday, February 4, 2013 6:12 AM