Windows 7"out of memory" message when trying to print data from Works 2004 RRS feed

• Question

• I use Microsoft Works 2004 data base because it is simple and does exactly what I want.  I can add to and manipulate the data in the Windows 7 operating system but when I try to print out information I get an "out of memory" message.  I have tried three different HP printers with no luck.  All three printers worked with Windows XP and Works 2004.

I do not want to have to transfer 3000 entries to a new program.  is there any way to fix my problem?

Thanks.

Friday, February 17, 2012 12:35 AM

All replies

• According to the Microsoft Windows 7 Compatibility Center Works 2004 si not compatible with Windows 7.

The only possible solution is to use the Windows 7 XP Mode if you have Win 7 Professional, Ultimate or Enterprise and run Works 2004 in the XP Mode with a USB printer.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

Friday, February 17, 2012 1:15 PM
  • Hi,

You need run the Program Compatibility troubleshooter by clicking the Start button, in the search box, type troubleshooter, and then click Troubleshooting. Under Programs, click Run programs made for previous versions of Windows.

Follow the instructions in the troubleshooter.

Make older programs run in this version of Windows
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Make-older-programs-run-in-this-version-of-Windows

If the issue persists,  you’d better use the Windows 7 XP Mode if you have Win 7 Professional, Ultimate or Enterprise and run Works 2004 in the XP Mode with a USB printer.

Hope that helps.

Monday, February 20, 2012 9:23 AM
  • I tried everything suggested and zip results.  Finally, I dug out my husband's old laptop and will use that for working with my database.  I don't have Win 7 Professional or the other programs. 
    Wednesday, February 22, 2012 2:53 PM