Meet landing page RRS feed

• Question

• I have just setup a 2019 Sfb Server.  I noticed that the meet page is old compared to the 2015 version i also have setup.

The 2019 copyright on the page says 2014, while the 2015 server looks modern and doesnt have a copyright.

Also, the 2019 is not detecting devices correctly for the appropriate download where the 2015 server does.

Whats the deal?

Friday, March 27, 2020 7:11 PM

Answers

• Resolved my own issue.  This was happening because the Web Service Configuration for using the meeting ux CDN was false.

Was corrected by doing the follow: Set-CsWebServiceConfiguration -MeetingUxUseCdn $true

After about a minute, the web service updates and the new modern looking site loads instead of the local dated one.

• Marked as answer by Probeing Saturday, March 28, 2020 4:53 AM
    Saturday, March 28, 2020 4:53 AM

All replies

• Resolved my own issue.  This was happening because the Web Service Configuration for using the meeting ux CDN was false.

Was corrected by doing the follow: Set-CsWebServiceConfiguration -MeetingUxUseCdn $true

After about a minute, the web service updates and the new modern looking site loads instead of the local dated one.

• Marked as answer by Probeing Saturday, March 28, 2020 4:53 AM
    Saturday, March 28, 2020 4:53 AM
  • Hi!

I am glad to hear you have resolved this issue!

Here I will provide a brief summary of this post. This will make answer searching in the forum easier.

<Issue Symptom>:

User have setup a 2019 Skype for Business Server. The 2019 is not detecting devices correctly for the appropriate download where the 2015 server does.

<Cause>:

The Web Service configuration for using the meeting ux CDN was false

<Solution>:

Running the following command: Set-CsWebServiceConfiguration  -MeetingUxUseCdn $true

<Reference Link>:

https://www.ucguys.com/2017/05/skype-for-business-cu5-introduces-skype-meetings-app-plugin.html

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powershell/module/skype/set-cswebserviceconfiguration?view=skype-ps

Note: Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. The sites are not controlled by Microsoft. Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. Please make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any suggestions from the above link.

Best Regards,
    Jimmy Yang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com
    Monday, March 30, 2020 2:46 AM