none
A GPO Setting isn't applied on Windows 8 and 7 clients

Question

• Hello,

I have windows server 2003 SP2 domain controllers and just configured a GPO setting on one of them. The setting is to disable the TCP/IP properties on users. Windows 8, 8.1 and 7 clients are not affected by the policy and users still can open the properties.

Don't these clients support GPOs pushed from server 2003?

Thanks

Tuesday, May 05, 2015 2:23 PM

Answers

• Hi,

You can try to enable 'Prohibit access to the properties of a LAN connection' this policy setting and have a check.

By the way, would you please run "gpresult /r" this command on the clients and and then check if the policy got applied?

Also you can run"gpresult /h result.html" you can check the report under logged on user's folder. From that report , you can have a clear look about the policy you configured and you can post here then we can have a look.

Best Regards,

Elaine

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, May 08, 2015 7:50 AM

All replies

• The setting should still be applied as long as the individual setting doesn't say something like "Windows XP only" in the applies to line.

What setting are you configuring? Have you ensured that clients are processing the GPO?

If my answer helped you, check out my blog: Deploy Happiness

Tuesday, May 05, 2015 2:35 PM
  • Joseph? Are you for real man? Did you even bother to read my post?
    Tuesday, May 05, 2015 7:36 PM
  • > Joseph? Are you for real man? Did you even bother to read my post?

Yes, he did. Simply answer his questions, so we'll be able to dig into
    your problem and provide a solution to it.

a) What settings are you trying to deploy?
    b) How did you verify these settings arrived on the clients?

Greetings/Grüße, Martin

Mal ein gutes Buch über GPOs lesen?
    Good or bad GPOs? - my blog…
    And if IT bothers me - coke bottle design refreshment (-:
    Wednesday, May 06, 2015 10:56 AM
  • 1) I said i want to disable the TCP/IP setting. (said that on my post)

2) I issued a "gpupdate /force" and checked the clients. Nothing happened.

Thursday, May 07, 2015 6:55 PM
  • Hi,

You can try to enable 'Prohibit access to the properties of a LAN connection' this policy setting and have a check.

By the way, would you please run "gpresult /r" this command on the clients and and then check if the policy got applied?

Also you can run"gpresult /h result.html" you can check the report under logged on user's folder. From that report , you can have a clear look about the policy you configured and you can post here then we can have a look.

Best Regards,

Elaine

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, May 08, 2015 7:50 AM
  • > 1) I said i want to disable the TCP/IP setting. (said that on my post)

WHICH ones exactly?

Greetings/Grüße, Martin

Mal ein gutes Buch über GPOs lesen?
    Good or bad GPOs? - my blog…
    And if IT bothers me - coke bottle design refreshment (-:
    Friday, May 08, 2015 12:47 PM