Application Deployment problem RRS feed

• Question

• There are three applications that I am trying to deploy.
    a) Adobe Reader
    b) VLC Player
    c) Firefox Setup 45.3.0esr

The first two are deploying fine but while trying to install Firefox MDT BDD log comes with a error.

Application Mozilla Firefox returned an unexpected return code 2 ( Image given below)

After reading few forum post it seems that MDT is not being able to find the working directory.

My working directory as per the application.xml is 

<WorkingDirectory>.\Applications\Firefox</WorkingDirectory>

and command is "Firefox Setup 45.3.0esr" -ms

Tried removing firefox and adding again. 

Also, tried adding the full path to the working directory but nothing works.

Kindly help!!!!!
    Friday, September 30, 2016 1:34 AM

Answers

• My recommendation would be to rename your setup file to something simple like "Setup.exe". I say this because then when an updated version of Firefox comes out you can just overwrite the existing file with the new version and you won't have to make changes to MDT or even open up the workbench.

Then your command line would be: setup.exe -ms

Be sure that you include the ".exe" in the command line.

If this post is helpful please vote it as Helpful or click Mark for answer.

• Marked as answer by Ty Glander Friday, September 30, 2016 9:12 PM
    Friday, September 30, 2016 2:51 PM

All replies

• Try the full path as the command line e.  g.

%Deployroot%\Applications\AppFolder\Command /parameters

Many questions such as where do I find logs and what logs are interesting are found in: MDT TechNet Forum - FAQ & Getting Started Guide Please take the time to read it. Also if you don't post logs your problem won't be easily solved.

Friday, September 30, 2016 2:02 AM
  • Thanks for your reply.

Do you mean the following on the command line.

%Deployroot%\Applications\Firefox\"Firefox Setup 45.3.0esr" -ms

Regards,

Friday, September 30, 2016 2:55 AM
  • My recommendation would be to rename your setup file to something simple like "Setup.exe". I say this because then when an updated version of Firefox comes out you can just overwrite the existing file with the new version and you won't have to make changes to MDT or even open up the workbench.

Then your command line would be: setup.exe -ms

Be sure that you include the ".exe" in the command line.

If this post is helpful please vote it as Helpful or click Mark for answer.

• Marked as answer by Ty Glander Friday, September 30, 2016 9:12 PM
    Friday, September 30, 2016 2:51 PM
  • Oh and if you use quotes they would encapsulate the entire phrase as opposed to just the end.

Many questions such as where do I find logs and what logs are interesting are found in: MDT TechNet Forum - FAQ & Getting Started Guide Please take the time to read it. Also if you don't post logs your problem won't be easily solved.

Friday, September 30, 2016 3:11 PM
  • At last I got the damned Firefox installed and the entire credit goes to you'll.

As per suggestion of Dan_Vega I have renamed the file to FirefoxSetup.exe and used the following command.

>> FirefoxSetup.exe -ms

You are right in saying that it will save me the hassle of making any changes in MDT when the new version of Firefox arrives. 

Also, as per suggestion of Ty Glander, I have used the full path in the command line removing the quote.

>> %Deployroot%\Applications\Firefox\FirefoxSetup.exe -ms

May be removing the quote did the trick and we probably do not require the full path but I am paranoid to try anything again. 

Many thanks to you guys :)
    Friday, September 30, 2016 9:09 PM