Exchange 2003 Server still present. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi. I was hoping someone could help me with an issue I am experiencing with my SBS 2008 environment. 

The server was installed prior to me taking it over and was an upgrade from the previous SBS 2003 environment. It would appear the SBS2003 Server has not be decommissioned correctly and Exchange believes it still exists (Best Practise Analyser tells me so) but it physically no longer exists. I was wondering if anyone knew how I would go about removing the old server from our environment without the physical box existing. Its not causing any huge issues from what I can see but I would prefer for it to be gone. Thanks. Dan Hargrove 

Monday, April 22, 2013 2:48 PM

Answers

• Hi,

One of the place from which you need to remove is ADSIEDIT (I have taken the exact location from my test lab exchangeonline.local)

CN=Servers,CN=Exchange Administrative Group (FYDIBOHF23SPDLT),CN=Administrative Groups,CN=ExchangeOnline,CN=Microsoft Exchange,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=exchangeonline,DC=local

Check, othet things like offline address book generation server entry (if presented)

Regards from ExchangeOnline | Windows Administrator's Area

Monday, April 22, 2013 4:33 PM