Configuration pass for audit mode RRS feed

• Question

• I want to build an OS reference machine, and have the installation boot straight into audit mode.

I have found hundreds, if not thousands, of articles, posts, and tutorials on setting the Microsoft-Windows-Deployment | Reseal | Audit mode in the unattend.xml file, but alas, this setting is available in 3 different configuration passes, and not a single post indicates which pass this is to be configured under.

Would somebody be kind enough to clarify this for me? It really pisses me off that so many people will tell you what to do, but won't give enough information to be actually able to do it.

Thanks.

Wednesday, June 29, 2016 8:06 PM

All replies

• This isn't something most people do with MDT.  You might have better luck on one of the Windows deployment forums.  

That being said if you understand what the different passes do it will help you figure out what is going on. When you install the ADK you get WSIM.  The help for WSIM has great help files.

Many questions such as where do I find logs and what logs are interesting are found in: MDT TechNet Forum - FAQ & Getting Started Guide Please take the time to read it. Also if you don't post logs your problem won't be easily solved.

• Edited by Ty Glander Wednesday, June 29, 2016 9:26 PM added WSIM
    • Marked as answer by Kronical_420 Friday, March 2, 2018 4:42 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by Kronical_420 Friday, March 2, 2018 4:43 PM
    • Marked as answer by Kronical_420 Friday, March 2, 2018 4:43 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by Kronical_420 Friday, March 2, 2018 4:45 PM
    Wednesday, June 29, 2016 9:19 PM
  • RTFM is not an answer.

And neither is "People don't do that". I don't GAF what other people do. This is what I intend to do.
    Friday, March 2, 2018 4:46 PM