dmarc and dkim RRS feed

• Question

• exchange experts i need ur help

i have an exhchange server 2016 infront of symantec ( operating for inbound/outbound emails)

spf record is added.

someone received a spam email from my organization. i installed the header of the message it shows an spf failure and the emails bypassed the spf.

i found that we can add 2 additional records for protection dmarc and dkim. can you help on the configuration of these records?

do i have to any config on the exchange server or on symantec?

what to add in my external dns record

your immediate help is so apperciated

regards

Monday, June 8, 2020 3:57 PM

All replies

• anyone can help guys?

thank you

Tuesday, June 9, 2020 5:19 AM
  • Hi,

>> do i have to any config on the exchange server or on symantec?
    By default, there is no DKIM/DMARC configuration settings in on-premises Exchange, so this would be handled by your anti-spam solution. 

For more information about how DKIM and DMARC works and how to setup them in on-premise Exchange, hopefully you can find the blog below helpful:
    On-Premises Exchange: DKIM and DMARC setup

Regards,

Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, June 9, 2020 6:53 AM
  • Hi,

I am writing to check if provided information is helpful. Please let me know if you need further assistance. Thanks! 

Regards, 

Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, June 16, 2020 10:03 AM
  • Hi,

I also have a similar problem where I need to configure DKIM for my on prem 2016 Exchange server.

The link Yuki Sun posted is very helpful (thanks Yuki).  However, as pointed out in the comments, MS do not support DKIM natively so, requires 3rd party software.

One of the comments from JJbastionpoint recommended this solution from Colin Wilson.

It looks straight forward enough however, can anyone verify it's validity?

The last thing I want to do is mess up a perfectly working Exchange server.

I'm still hunting around so will post back if I find anything.

In the meantime, can anyone share their experiences?

Cheers,
    Will

Thursday, June 18, 2020 9:19 AM
  • I forgot to ask....

Yuki Sun, have you set up DKIM for on prem Exchange?  What solution did you use?

Cheers,

Will

Thursday, June 18, 2020 9:21 AM