none
Sticky Notes Missing after Lengthy Windows 10 Updates RRS feed

• Question

• I had about ten sticky notes prior to the update that was executed this morning. The sticky note icon is still on my tool bar, but only one sticky note pulls up when I left click mouse the sticky note icon. I need these notes! Please help! Thank you
    Thursday, September 29, 2016 12:23 PM

Answers

All replies

• I have lost all sticky notes as well and when I search for the program nothing comes up. I have tried to restore previous notes and nothing is there.

Sharan

Friday, September 30, 2016 12:18 AM
  • So after the recent windows 10 update sticky notes became a app versus part of the operating system. Just search for sticky notes and you should see the following program It will have all of your old notes saved.

http://WrinkleFreeIT.com/

• Proposed as answer by B14CK_H4WK Friday, September 30, 2016 1:05 AM
    Friday, September 30, 2016 1:05 AM
  • Not only I lost Sticky Notes (notes themselves and the app) but I also lost STORE app, ACTION CENTER and so on, and so on.

The idiot from MS responsible for this crap should be sold as slave.

Friday, September 30, 2016 10:36 PM
  • Heck no . That does not work. Please fix. Need my notes. Terrible update.
    Saturday, October 1, 2016 1:51 AM
  • Same here.  Lengthy update two days ago.  Sticky notes disappeared.  Found them, supposedly, when I searched, but only three of them are there. The others are blank sheets and I need the information!!!  What stupidity!  Should have gotten an iPad this time!  Fed up with Windows changing things that don't need changing.  These sticky notes can't be resized the way the old ones could (long and skinny)!  My games disappeared with this update too!  Had to download them again.  Apps added that I have no use for.  This isn't my phone; it's my computer and there is a difference!

Friday, October 7, 2016 12:03 AM
  • Hi ,

Please check it there are cache files stored under %AppData%\Roaming\Microsoft\Sticky Notes.
    The "Sticky notes" on Windows 10.1607 has been a metro style app while it is a "desktop app" in previous version. We could also copy the "sticky notes.exe"(C:\Windows\System32) from a previous version machine. It could be used on the latest system. Here is a similar case for your reference.
    Windows 10 anniversary update broke sticky notes
    https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windows/en-US/ba318a9d-4cd6-4d66-91f6-512ab3217312/windows-10-anniversary-update-broke-sticky-notes?forum=win10itproapps

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, October 11, 2016 9:06 AM
  • Using the Everything search tool, I can find Sticky Note stuff -- but not the actual sticky note content.  I've reviewed your answers, and I can find where the program sits, but there is nothing on my machine with an .snt extension.  How do I find this oh-so-important information?!?

Note:  it wasn't an update (I don't think) that did me in -- I got a virus from a respected, trusted source and the IT people had to, in essence, reformat my drive.  I was amazed at what all came back (they back my computer up on a daily basis), but then I lost my whole start menu pins!  Finding the Sticky Note app was easy, but it just pulls up a blank note.  Which is another oddity -- before, it pulled up a bulletin board with a couple different sticky notes and an ad.  Now it just wants me to create a new note.  What's going on?

Monday, January 23, 2017 5:36 PM
  • I am  v e r y upset that an update takes away information. Makes me want to ring a neck. Why would anyone include that in a update. Important information is gone! I want my stick notes back please!
    Sunday, July 30, 2017 9:42 PM
  • what do I do next after finding that there is a cache file in %AppData%\Roaming\Microsoft\Sticky Notes?
    Tuesday, September 5, 2017 7:32 AM
  • I found the solution to the problem by resetting the "Sticky Notes", even though I lost all of my notes at least it's working now. 

follow the instruction from the link below

http://www.intowindows.com/how-to-reset-and-reinstall-sticky-notes-in-windows-10/

• Proposed as answer by CTSFLA Wednesday, November 14, 2018 2:03 PM
    Friday, October 6, 2017 5:39 PM
  • I don't know if you still need the solution, but I discover that when the sticky notes from windows disappear, you just need to search for it on windows store and click on initialize then the windows will open it for you and your problem is solved.
    Saturday, January 6, 2018 10:33 PM
  • Had same problem, the fix was very simple:

1. Search for Sticky Notes from the search. 

2. Right click on it and select *App Settings*

3. Click on "Repair" button

After that everything should work perfectly!

Friday, October 19, 2018 11:57 AM
  • This solution works! thanks Zaid.Fattuhi
    Friday, January 18, 2019 3:04 AM
  • Same here!  Just did the update and 4 of 6 notes are missing.  None of these solutions work!!!
    • Proposed as answer by zapit326 Saturday, August 3, 2019 12:07 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by zapit326 Saturday, August 3, 2019 12:07 AM
    • Proposed as answer by zapit326 Saturday, August 3, 2019 12:07 AM
    Thursday, July 18, 2019 8:35 PM
  • Try this... Open your Sticky Notes program. You'll see the icon on your taskbar. Right click on the icon.  You'll see the below image (had to delete image because they need to verify my account. another hoop to go through... omg).  Click "Notes list".  You should be able to see all your post its in a window. Hope that helps.
    • Proposed as answer by Schlaker Thursday, August 15, 2019 1:35 PM
    Saturday, August 3, 2019 12:06 AM
  • Finally found them . trial and error. 
    Thursday, August 15, 2019 1:36 PM
  • I am unable to UNMARK the box.  
    • Edited by MichaelFD Monday, August 19, 2019 8:18 PM
    Monday, August 19, 2019 8:18 PM