Unable to deploy dashboard to Preview Site RRS feed

• Question

• I've been developing a dashboard for a couple of weeks now and today I ran into the following message when I try to publish the dashboard to the Preview Site:

"One or more items in the selected dashboard have not been published to the server. Before proceeding, select Publish All or publish items individually to the server."

I've tried to publish each item myself, twice, but it doesn't help!

Have anyone noticed this behavior before? And does anyone have a solution?

Thanks in advance!

Thursday, August 21, 2008 11:48 AM

Answers

• Hi Aseem,

Thanks for your help, but that did not help either. But I've solved the issue yesterday !

I noticed that on 2 of the pages in my dashboard (which has a total of 4 pages) a scorecard was placed that was deleted or substantially changed. The editor-page of these 2 pages showed an error message too - saying something about the content of the page (I forgot to screenshot it), but when I clicked these messages away all my troubles were solved. I was able to add my scorecard to these pages again and after a quick publish of the dashboard I was able to deploy it to the Preview Site!

Thanks all and good luck.

Dave

Friday, August 22, 2008 6:57 AM

All replies

• Dave,

In Dashboard Desinger, Click Refresh, then Ok, then Publish All.  Then try and then send it to the Preview site again.

Aseem Nayar - MSFT

Thursday, August 21, 2008 9:54 PM
  • Hi Aseem,

Thanks for your help, but that did not help either. But I've solved the issue yesterday !

I noticed that on 2 of the pages in my dashboard (which has a total of 4 pages) a scorecard was placed that was deleted or substantially changed. The editor-page of these 2 pages showed an error message too - saying something about the content of the page (I forgot to screenshot it), but when I clicked these messages away all my troubles were solved. I was able to add my scorecard to these pages again and after a quick publish of the dashboard I was able to deploy it to the Preview Site!

Thanks all and good luck.

Dave

Friday, August 22, 2008 6:57 AM