none
Exchange Backup Issue RRS feed

• Question

• I'm attempting to get my exchange backups from my primary DPM server to my secondary DPM server. The primary server is successfully getting the storage groups and I'd like to get a copy of those storage groups offsite in case of a disaster. The primary server is located in Texas and we are currently in Louisiana. I don't believe this is a WAN issue since I'm backing up SQL DB's from the primary server to the secondary server that are over 1TB! This issue seems to be specific to Exchange. We are currently running Exchange 2003. Are there any know issues for exchange? Below is error I get on the secondary server. 

SECONDARY SERVER ERROR.

An unexpected error occurred while the job was running. (ID 104 Details: The semaphore timeout period has expired (0x80070079))

Thursday, February 17, 2011 7:56 PM

Answers

All replies

• I found the solution for this problem. Since I am running the Eseutil tool on the primary DPM server. I disabled it for backing it up to the secondary server. I have 3 of the 4 storage groups and almost all of the the last one. 
    Tuesday, February 22, 2011 2:19 PM
  • housekeeping - closing old post.  Open a new post if you still have a need.

Regards, A.Nadar, This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Wednesday, June 20, 2012 10:05 PM