Can t import registry from a x32 application to my x64 OS RRS feed

• Question

• I have windows 7 professional x64.I am using an application called smart install maker.This software generally creates setups (i make exe files).It s a x32 application.I create setups where i copy some files in disk drives and some registry keys.I describe this just to let you know what i am doing.
    When i create the exe file and run it the files are copied correctly but my registry entries are not.For example i insert a reg key (in the program) in :
    1) [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\xxx
    and through the program (through the exe i did) is set in :
    2)[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Wow6432Node\xxx.
    It adds a Wow6432Node path more and i don t need it.I ve read that x32 applications do this but this make my application not to work correctly.If i export the 1st key and merge it, it is set properly in the path i want, but through smart install it does the 2nd import.

Thx in advance !!!
    Tuesday, March 8, 2011 3:36 PM

Answers

• Have you asked here:

http://www.sminstall.com/support.html

The Smart Install Maker folks would be best qualified to help you with their product.

• Marked as answer by Juke Chou Monday, March 28, 2011 2:16 AM
    Wednesday, March 9, 2011 4:19 PM
  • Hi,

As pvdg42 says, please try to ask the software publisher first.

Then you may try insert the key at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE for a test.

Thanks.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Thursday, March 10, 2011 9:25 AM

All replies

• Have you asked here:

http://www.sminstall.com/support.html

The Smart Install Maker folks would be best qualified to help you with their product.

Wednesday, March 9, 2011 4:19 PM
  • Hi,

As pvdg42 says, please try to ask the software publisher first.

Then you may try insert the key at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE for a test.

Thanks.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Thursday, March 10, 2011 9:25 AM