IAG Max. Upload Size - default value? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi!

I´ve found the following statement from Walter McCain:

Add these registry entries to expand the max file size to 45MB.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WhaleCom\e-Gap\von\UrlFilter\
    SendDataInPackets:DWORD:1

MaxPacketSize: DWORD: 30000000
    SendDataInPackets:DWORD:1
    MaxBodyBufferSize:DWORD:450000000
    MaxProcessingSize:DWORD: 450000000

The last 2 MaxBodyBufferSize and MaxProcessingSize are the important ones.  These changes will not take effect until you reboot the server.  You can edit the MaxProcessingSize to whatever you want the max upload file size to be.  I have tested this and it works.  There is not very good documentation around these values as of yet.  Let me know if this works for you and sorry for the problem it has caused you. 

Walter McCain - Microsoft

MCS - Desert Mountain District

I could not test these settings until now, but i would be interested in the default value for MaxProcessingSize. In my active configuration there is not such a registry key, so there must be an default value for that.

Thanks in advance!

Marcel Oleart - Computer & Competence
    Junior Consultant

Thursday, August 26, 2010 8:42 AM

Answers

• Marcel,

The default directly is roughly 10MB.  However I recommend against increasing the buffer size.    The reason is because the server may increase the reserved memory size for each user.   Assuming the max ram for IAG is 4GB (assuming not enterprise 2003).   you can see how 45MB for example, will quickly eat up all the memory on the server.

Please see the blog post from Ben Ari.  He shows you how to use Skip Parsing so that the traffic doesnt go through the filter.

http://blogs.technet.com/b/ben/archive/2010/03/25/parsian-gulf.aspx

Thanks

Dennis

• Marked as answer by Erez Benari Thursday, September 2, 2010 8:44 PM
    Thursday, August 26, 2010 6:08 PM

All replies

• Marcel,

The default directly is roughly 10MB.  However I recommend against increasing the buffer size.    The reason is because the server may increase the reserved memory size for each user.   Assuming the max ram for IAG is 4GB (assuming not enterprise 2003).   you can see how 45MB for example, will quickly eat up all the memory on the server.

Please see the blog post from Ben Ari.  He shows you how to use Skip Parsing so that the traffic doesnt go through the filter.

http://blogs.technet.com/b/ben/archive/2010/03/25/parsian-gulf.aspx

Thanks

Dennis

• Marked as answer by Erez Benari Thursday, September 2, 2010 8:44 PM
    Thursday, August 26, 2010 6:08 PM
  • Thanks a lot! That is the information i was looking for.
    Tuesday, September 7, 2010 8:23 AM