Create Local admin account remotly for list of machines RRS feed

• Question

• Dears

how can i use ADSI function command to create local account then add it to administrators group

for the list of machines remotely, i used the below script to delete local account is it possible to modify it

to create then add to administrators group.

Function Delete-User { #Deletes a local user account on target computer Param ( [string]$computer, [string]$user ) [ADSI]$server = "WinNT://$computer" $server.delete("user",$user) } Import-Csv -path C:\temp\Accounts.csv | %{ Delete-User -computer $_.server -user $_.user }

Mohamed Soliman System Administrator +971552997724

Thursday, December 27, 2018 10:46 AM

All replies

• Find-Module localaccount | Install-Module

This module provides all commands needed to remotely manage local accounts and groups.

\_(ツ)_/

Thursday, December 27, 2018 11:04 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for your question.

Import-Csv -path C:\temp\Accounts.csv |%{New-LocalUser -Name $_.user -password -Computername $_.server| Add-LocalGroupMember -GroupName "Administrators" -Computername $_.server}

Also, you can use the module in the link below with invoke-command cmdlet.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powershell/module/microsoft.powershell.localaccounts/?view=powershell-5.1

Best Regards,

Lee

Just do it.

Friday, December 28, 2018 7:12 AM
  • Thanks Lee,

your suggested command above means to merge to my first command? if yes where i have to write the password.

Mohamed Soliman System Administrator +971552997724

Sunday, December 30, 2018 7:39 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

You can write the password in the CSV file or behind the "-password" parameter.

-password $_.password

or

-password "123"

Best Regards,

Lee

Just do it.

Monday, December 31, 2018 8:53 AM