none
GPO not working with Groups containing Computers

Question

• I recently created a GPO that should deploy printers to a group that contains several workstations.  When enabled, the GPO does not deploy the printers to the workstations in the group - however, when I assign the workstations directly to the GPO the printers are then deployed.  Any thoughts on why this is not deploying to the group?
    Monday, March 30, 2015 12:34 PM

Answers

• Check, whether you linked GPO to the right OU and whether you have at security filtering group Authenticated Users (or another group which contains computers accounts).

Run gpresult /h to find where is problem, may be is only at security filtering.

Regards,

thennet

Tuesday, March 31, 2015 8:59 AM

All replies

• Hi Thoms,

Accodrding to your description here, this is a group policy issue. So I Would move your thread to the correct group policy forum.

Best Regards,

Elaine

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, March 31, 2015 8:50 AM
  • Check, whether you linked GPO to the right OU and whether you have at security filtering group Authenticated Users (or another group which contains computers accounts).

Run gpresult /h to find where is problem, may be is only at security filtering.

Regards,

thennet

Tuesday, March 31, 2015 8:59 AM