aero disabled RRS feed

• Question

• i just updated my mssessentials antivirus and installed windows update 2 days ago and since then aero is not working anymore. troubleshooting said my video card is not compatible or s'thing like that so i should update but my diagnostics said my current card is up to date and working properly. also shutdown options hibernate and sleep options not working-disabled.my current theme is windows 7 basic i want my aero effect back. this is so messed up! help please!
    Friday, March 18, 2011 9:05 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Please uninstall the video card driver and reinstall the latest driver (downloaded from the computer manufacture's website).

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Proposed as answer by Crashkon Sunday, March 27, 2011 3:09 AM
    • Marked as answer by Magon LiuModerator Wednesday, March 30, 2011 2:13 AM
    Wednesday, March 23, 2011 3:30 AM

All replies

• its definitely your VIDEO drivers. video drivers not only control display but also play a large part in making sure advanced power options(including sleep,standby,hibernate settings) work fine.
    Visit your computer manufacturer's website go to download section and download updated Video drivers for your model and vista.

Tunde Abagun MCP,MCSA,MCTS,MCITP en p "for the love of Computers"
    Sunday, March 20, 2011 4:33 AM
  • Hi,

Please uninstall the video card driver and reinstall the latest driver (downloaded from the computer manufacture's website).

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Proposed as answer by Crashkon Sunday, March 27, 2011 3:09 AM
    • Marked as answer by Magon LiuModerator Wednesday, March 30, 2011 2:13 AM
    Wednesday, March 23, 2011 3:30 AM